Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

I like that so far, homework is assigned weekly, not daily so the child can do it at their own pace.

My son is in his third year here (K-2) and we could not be happier! The staff is wonderful and the academics are strong. He b is on the GATE program and consistently scores higher in reading and math than the national and state averages. He could not do that if he was not challenged academically. We love the school itself, as well. It has a great atmosphere and they are always trying to improve the school for the students. Yes, they struggle with a few things like organization, but I see improvement every year. This is a wonderful school and I love that my son will go here until he goes off to college.

HSI is great, my daughter is happy, teachers are great. I feel like l am sending my kid to a private school. The only bad thing is that clasrooms are small, l wish kids could have more space.

While their brand new middle and high school building is nice and shiny, it is the Staff that promises to make this school a great choice. As a prospective new parent with a high school student, working with the Dean of Academics Mr. Coleman and the high school counselor Ms. Deniz, it was a pleasure to see them go to great lengths to ensure a strong academic schedule for my son. The School's flexibility and focus on an individual student promises good things for the school to come!

Very educational school. Main focus is education, and it follows up with a few sports, and clubs. Preps you well for college. A great experience for my children

My daughter was at this school for two great years. We loved the school. It has the feeling of a private school. The teachers are great and the principal too. The staff really care about the student progress and they make you feel like family. You do not see or hear about drugs in the school which it is a plus. The school still needs to improve in the events and how to attract the parents and kids to get involved in the school activities , because they are not as well organized as the state's schools. Other than that, this is a good choice for your kid. I do not regreat.

This school is like a prison where students are just numbers. My boys been there for two years. The teachers are teaching only to the state exam rather than focusing on the child's needs. Both my boys are bright student and are in AP classes. They are also very socially active which is certainly an advantage rather than a disadvantage. At harmony they are punished for that and do not get the right redirection to help them make better choices. The teacher's approach is soooo disrespectful as they exercise their power with ugly words and gestures towards the students. If you want a school that truly builds uour child's character at all levels, this school is definitely not for you. I'm on the hunt for a new school!

I am a student at this school & I have been here for 2 years now. It is not how I expected it to be honestly, some teachers dont respect our needs of learning, which leads us to depend on other resources for academic studies. The dress codes is unnecessary, hoodies & boots are not allowed on campus... ARE YOU SERIOUS?! It is cold in texas especially during the winter, it's hard to find a jacket that keeps warm & that doesnt have a hoodie unless a cardigan but isnt quite what is needed for texas weather. Why does everything have to be a safety hazard?? It is really unreasonable. Some things in the handbook are respectable but others are just unreasonable with all due respect this school needs A LOT of changes in order to help us learn & educate our teachers, classmates, & ourselves. Thank you.

My kids had been with HSI for 4 years this year. It had to take for me to pull one of my kids out in order to get him what he needed academically/. He is a very sharp kid but yet very hyperactive and requires to be kept busy and challenged at all times. Had multiple attempts in trying to speak with both teachers and principal about this and never got anywhere. Huge disappointment with what this school has become.

I have been at this school for four years and so far I love this school. I am currently an eighth grader. The school was unorganized before, but that was because it was brand new. The teacher ate very helpful and sportive. This school is small, so the teacher focus more on you. The school does have a good discipline program. The school has very good test scores, and I believe it is because of the student determination. I love this school and I know that I will graduate to college, because of harmony. Since Harmony Pubic Schools won the Race to the Top grant they have improved and added Google Chromebooks to each student.

Last modified Harmony School Of Innovation - Dal is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.