Harmony School Of Innovation - Dal 5

Posted August 22, 2014
Very educational school. Main focus is education, and it follows up with a few sports, and clubs. Preps you well for college. A great experience for my children

Harmony School Of Innovation - Dal 4

Posted July 21, 2014
My daughter was at this school for two great years. We loved the school. It has the feeling of a private school. The teachers are great and the principal too. The staff really care about the student progress and they make you feel like family. You do not see or hear about drugs in the school which it is a plus. The school still needs to improve in the events and how to attract the parents and kids to get involved in the school activities , because they are not as well organized as the state's schools. Other than that, this is a good choice for your kid. I do not regreat.

Posted April 30, 2014
This school is like a prison where students are just numbers. My boys been there for two years. The teachers are teaching only to the state exam rather than focusing on the child's needs. Both my boys are bright student and are in AP classes. They are also very socially active which is certainly an advantage rather than a disadvantage. At harmony they are punished for that and do not get the right redirection to help them make better choices. The teacher's approach is soooo disrespectful as they exercise their power with ugly words and gestures towards the students. If you want a school that truly builds uour child's character at all levels, this school is definitely not for you. I'm on the hunt for a new school!

Posted January 12, 2014
I am a student at this school & I have been here for 2 years now. It is not how I expected it to be honestly, some teachers dont respect our needs of learning, which leads us to depend on other resources for academic studies. The dress codes is unnecessary, hoodies & boots are not allowed on campus... ARE YOU SERIOUS?! It is cold in texas especially during the winter, it's hard to find a jacket that keeps warm & that doesnt have a hoodie unless a cardigan but isnt quite what is needed for texas weather. Why does everything have to be a safety hazard?? It is really unreasonable. Some things in the handbook are respectable but others are just unreasonable with all due respect this school needs A LOT of changes in order to help us learn & educate our teachers, classmates, & ourselves. Thank you.

Posted January 07, 2014
My kids had been with HSI for 4 years this year. It had to take for me to pull one of my kids out in order to get him what he needed academically/. He is a very sharp kid but yet very hyperactive and requires to be kept busy and challenged at all times. Had multiple attempts in trying to speak with both teachers and principal about this and never got anywhere. Huge disappointment with what this school has become.

Harmony School Of Innovation - Dal 5

Posted November 23, 2013
I have been at this school for four years and so far I love this school. I am currently an eighth grader. The school was unorganized before, but that was because it was brand new. The teacher ate very helpful and sportive. This school is small, so the teacher focus more on you. The school does have a good discipline program. The school has very good test scores, and I believe it is because of the student determination. I love this school and I know that I will graduate to college, because of harmony. Since Harmony Pubic Schools won the Race to the Top grant they have improved and added Google Chromebooks to each student.

Harmony School Of Innovation - Dal 4

Posted July 08, 2013
As a 3rd year parent of four children and a teacher, this school has been dynamic for my children as far as reaching outside of regular public school bounds to challenge my children. Even in areas of growth exist, instead of them failing one of my children without regard, they made sure he attended summer school for enrichment in the area of struggle. It is the best in comparison to many other schools in Carrollton/ Farmers Branch ISD.

Harmony School Of Innovation - Dal 2

Posted May 31, 2013
My child has been in this school for 3 years, and it has been a constant battle. This school lacks any consistency , and the administration is very disorganized. Teachers are always leaving, making for an unstable learning environment for the kids. The final straw for me was their discrimination against girls, as boys are treated more favorably in everything from academics to sports. I had hoped that HSI would have gotten their act together after all this time, but sadly that's not the case. The ONLY positives for this school are (1) a lot of the students are focused and very hard working, and (2) the student body is very diverse. Apart from that, HSI has been a disappointment.

Harmony School Of Innovation - Dal
1024 West Rosemeade Parkway, Carrollton, TX  75007
Last modified Harmony School Of Innovation - Dal is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony School Of Innovation - Dal Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top