Bad
Good

Friendly, helpful staff. A Much better school than others in this district. Happy students are coming out the front door.

My kids went to Polser for a few years. My daughter had an issue with a teacher trying to humiliate her. I didn't find out about all of the crazy stuff until the end of the year. Her teacher caused my daughter to feel like she couldn't do anything. My daughter struggled with motivation because of the things her teacher would say and do. As soon as we switched her teacher she started doing amazing in school. She was so happy and motivated. Her old teacher had the audacity to suggest I hold her back. She is such a smart and sweet girl and I hate that even with me being present in her class and school education I somehow missed what her teacher was doing. Polser overall was great. Some teachers are a bit impatient with some of the minorities. Not many just a few. Anyway it didn't keep my girl down for long. She's a straight a student now at a different school and asks to visit Polser all of the time.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some are just too old to teach. Not always open to the different beliefs that each student has.

Develops character: Neutral

A teachers was a bit rude and impatient with my child. Caused my daughter to give up on herself.

I love Polser with such attentive team from Principal, to grade level teachers to specials and staff members. Kids need teachers who work closely with each child specially at elementary level and thats what i feel ever since moving my kid in 3rd grade here. someone rightly said that Polser is a hidden treasure. Thank you Polser!

This school was a disappointment. I heard great things from family friends and on the web, but once I sent my child there, I was not pleased. They have a disrespectful staff and administration.

I just recently had to transfer my kids to Polser due to educational need issues with their previous school. The staff is all very nice and welcoming. I look forward to a fantastic school year with Polser.

I am so disappointed in the way the principle and the teachers handle parents concerns. It has been a struggle to get anything resolved with the principle who never returns calls or emails. My son had issues with learning but every time we complained and asked for referral to testings that would help serve him better we never heard anything. Come last day of school and the principle just walks to the car to tell me that my son would stay behind in his grade. How professional is this? The principle never wants to hear any parents point of view and it is a waste of time trying to get anyone to listen to your concerns. I am so unhappy with this unprofessional behavior and with the school rating. This school should be performing a lot better than it does now. I cannot wait to move out of this school and go to a school where teachers and the principle are professional enough to listen and act accordingly. VERY DISSAPPOINTED

I had three kids attend Polser Elementary for three years each and I can not put into words how thrilled I am thay we moved out of the district. The teacher's and nurse at the campus are wonderful. The principal is always around but is not necessarily on top of all issues. We, as well as a few others, had a issue with the attendence clerk getting too involved in our personal lives. She was constantly disturbing my childrens class time with phone calls and pulling them out of class. She was in direct violation of court documents the school had on file. We had to stress and fight with the school all year long over the issue and saw no progress. Honestly, we sent written and verbal requests one after another. We even sat down and had multiple meetings with the principal and teachers. Finally, we just moved out of the district. From what I've been told this attendence clerk is no longer employed at this campus but I still rate it a 1 because all year long it was a constant struggle that was only resolved because we moved.

Polser is a good school with a few bad teachers. there are saying that your child will come across a teacher that you and your child don't see eye to eye with at lease one time in their school life and we have at this school. Who know that a K teacher would have it out for a child because of whatever reasons. thankful the school year is almost up or i would be removing my child as we speak

Last modified Polser Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.