PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

A Child's Garden Montessori School is the Best Pre School in Carrollton. My youngest daughter attended the school over 20 years ago.. Ms Berta was one of her teachers as she moved up in the program. She started reading at 3 and developed skills that prepared her for TCA in Addison. Today she is a College Graduate with an Engineering Degree and a MBA.. I believe that foundation began at ACG. I have 4 grand children two that are attended ACG now and Two that have graduated. They were Reading and Writing and beginning Math, Science and Geography at 3 years old. By graduation they are able to do work a grade level or higher. This is because the Teachers and staff are awesome. Ms Berta is still there! The kids love to go to school and I am so amazed that they have learn so much at a young age. To see my grandson who can not sit still at home for 5 minutes, setting quietly at a table working and so happy. I credit that to a fantastic staff and a great school..

A Child’s Garden Montessori has excellent teachers and staff, and a wonderful facility. Our child started at 18 months, and has moved up into the next age division. In both classes, her teachers have been nurturing, supportive, and encouraging. It is a true Montessori program, and the school often has special guests—they have hosted a Native American story teller, a farmer who brought livestock for the children to see, the Carrollton Fire Department and Police, and many others. They offer extracurricular programs like Spanish, dance, and art, and after school care (which is also staffed with really great people). We plan to stay there until age-out! This school is a true gem, and we could not be happier to be a part of it.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Homework is not part of Montessori education.

Having my girls at ACG has been the best decision we've ever made. My one regret is not having had my oldest daughter there since the beginner room (18 months). It is such a wonderful environment. TRUE MONTESSORI education. My 9 year-old is in the GT program at her current school, she is an avid reader. And I believe with all my heart it is thanks to this school. Ms. Berta, is amazing! WE LOVE HER! My 4 year old, has been there since she was 18 months. Such a joy and such a wonderful behavior. So organized, so careful, a good listener and very in touch with emotions. She can't read yet, but I know she will be as her sister, as she cannot go to bed without us reading her a story AND her flipping through books until she falls asleep. ALL due to the amazing teachers there.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Being a TRUE Montessori school, the learning differences and stages of learning of each child are carefully sensed by the teachers who direct them to develop whatever stage the kid is blooming in.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Absolutely. Even teaches us as parents how to deal with behaviors and stages children go through.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are effective, experienced and caring. Teaching life lessons to our children, not just curricular.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are Montessori certified and have many years of experience.

Amount of homework: Neutral

There is no homework since it is a preschool.

We have been at A Child's Garden Montessori for four years now with both of our children. We have tried a daycare and mothers day out program in the past and nothing compares to ACG. The staff have been there for years (so certainly not a high rate of turnover like daycares have), it is a legitimate Montessori program, and they have a proper curriculum. My older child is now in 1st grade at a local private school and the reading knowledge she arrived there with in Kindergarten was amazing compared to other children. I cannot say enough about this school and the parent community! It's an amazing preschool for your child for sure!

Last modified A Childs Garden Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1