Carrollton, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted October 16, 2014
My son went to ACG from 19mos to Kindergarten. He started first grade this year at his next Montessori school. They have bragged about my child and his reading and work ethic. They almost seemed in shock for his age how well he was doing during our first parent conference. I can only chalk that up to the excellent care, education and curriculum of this school. He was always happy here while I never worried about leaving him there daily. He was always learning and loved his guides. He was reading at 5 years old and doing simple math. When we visited other schools for 1st grade, we were stunned at how most were just starting what he already knew by 5. I have recommended 2 families here and they have been extremely happy as I. I will continue to recommend the most important development times in a child's life to ACG. They completely surpassed our expectations of early childhood education.

Posted June 09, 2014
This school is amazing! Both of our children go there and we've been there for one year now. We couldn't be happier with the staff, as well as the diversity of the families. The curriculum is awesome (my 4 year old is doing addition and knows all the continents of the world) as well. My kids will be WELL prepared for Kindergarten. They have a parent association that does some great things! And lots of fun events like International night, Fall Festival and silent auction, etc. We LOVE this school!

Posted May 07, 2014
My family absolutely love this school! The teachers really care about each and every child! They will gently push the child to excel and do more than they thought possible. The students don't even realize. They are having fun!!! My son is moving onto the first grade next year and is way more than ready. It is with a very heavy heart that this is his last year...

Posted August 22, 2013
My son was in a child's garden for two years. I can not tell how I appreciate the teachers for those two remarkable year. Since then, he is away ahead for his reading skill, and math ability at his elementary school year. This year, my son is the only second grader at his school was selected to school district special advanced math program. A child's garden is the school I will recommend to all other parents!

Posted June 29, 2013
I have two daughters and my oldest has been at a Child's Garden for three years. We absolutely love this school and it has become a second home for us. There are so many reasons I like this school I don't even think I can list them all here, but here goes: -The school is owner run and I really feel like the director has a passion for sharing montessori with the kids and families. -The classes are staffed with wonderful montessori trained teachers. -It has a very cute setting in a cottage-like building and nice outdoor space which makes it feel very homey -You have the option to purchase lunch or bring your own where all the other schools I found required you to pay for lunch even if you brought your own. -There is a great group of parents who are active in the parent association -There are monthly educational enrichment programs brought in for the kids -There are monthly school-wide play dates so kids can socialize outside of school. There is a focus on fostering independence and responsibility in the classrooms and both my daughters have really enjoyed and thrived in this environment. I am very thankful to have found a place that is such a good fit for us.

A Childs Garden Montessori School 1

Posted June 12, 2013
My son attended this school for almost two weeks. On day two I was informed by his teacher that my son needs a child psychologist. My son is a young three year old. My son gets upset when he is asked to stop a activity before he is finished. I would also be upset if someone asked me to stop what I was doing with no warning. They give no warnings to the kids before another activity starts. They ring a bell and expect the children to immediately sit on a yellow line and wait for instructions. Also my son was asked not to attend splash day/movie day because it might upset him. What? What kind of school does something like this. My son is now asking me why he can not attend. He is asking me if his teachers think he is "bad" (and we do not use that word at home). The school uses negative and not positive re-direction of children's behavior. My sons confidence in less then two weeks has declined after attending this school. I would not recommend this school.

Posted May 16, 2013
This is a school that truly cares about the development of the children who attend. It is an owner operated school, not some franchise chain with no identity. The staff takes the time to get to know each student and becomes as invested in their success as the parents are. The owner continually invests in the equipment and facilities so everything is in top shape and the kids always come first. We looked at over 10 school before choosing ACG - for these very reasons. Our daughter is spelling, counting and many other things other kids her age don't even start for a few years. She loves going there, and learning, and looks at school as a place she looks forward to going each day. She is developing into a smart, polite and aware little girl, thanks in large part to the staff at ACG. We love A Child's Garden.

Posted July 26, 2012
Our daughter started going to A Child's Garden this past January at 3 3/4 years old. Like Miracle Grow, A Child's Garden curriculum and activities has helped her blossom as a young lady. It's a relief as a parent to find an environment where we know our daughter is safe and being given the attention she would recieve at home. We are grateful to the staff and look foward to the next year advances she will exhibit as she continues to be a student with the school.

Posted May 21, 2012
An exceptional Montessori school!! Our son started attending ACG when he was three. After visiting several other Montessori schools in the area we decided on ACG for several reasons. Just the "feeling" when you walk in the door tells so much. It is obvious the director and staff have a genuine love for what they do. The teachers are Montessori certified so the materials and classroom are truly "Montessori". The communication between the school and parents is excellent. Our son has grown so much academically and socially. He looks forward to going to school everyday and his little brother will be starting soon. ACG is by far a top notch school!!

Posted April 24, 2012
This is our second year at the school, and we have two children there. We extensively toured other Montessori schools in the area before picking this school. We are very happy with the loving attention and education our children receive here.

A Childs Garden Montessori School
1935 Old Denton Road, Carrollton, TX  75006
Last modified A Childs Garden Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
A Childs Garden Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top