No rating

Prince Of Peace Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Carrollton

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $153,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Posted December 19, 2008

In my oppinion this school is on a down hill slide. If only someone from the Local News (Ch 11) would stop in and ask the hard questions the truth might get out. Most teachers are good but the athletic department needs lots of work.

Posted August 22, 2008

I have been going to popcs for 8 years now, and I love it. Whichever students posted negatively about this school should be ashamed, because it is a really great school. No one hates you there. The teachers are all great and I feel comfortable talking to any of them whenever I need to. They DO care about their reputation - doesn't every school? - but that just makes it better because they work harder to care about their students.

Posted June 3, 2008

Nothing but great things from me about this school. The High School especially has much more of a family feel to it than anything else. I have been attending POP for 15 years, pre school 3's all the way up to 12th grade and would most definitely repeat the program.

Posted June 2, 2008

I don't think that they take the time to care enough for you. They just care about their reputation and thats it.

Posted May 14, 2008

This was my son's first year at POPCS, and neither he or I are at all satisfied. He had always been in public school until this year, and we will certainly be returning come fall. In one year at POPCS, my son went from being a normal and social kid to somewhat of a hermit. He absolutely hates school, and dreads every day because of it. His mother and I couldn't understand for the longest time. My son was complaining about a lack of discipline and bad behavior. I had no idea the severity of these issues until I saw them first hand. These children were downright vicious. They would roughhouse with each other, talk during class, and pick fun of each other. My wife and I have tried bringing these problems to the school's attention, but nothing is ever done. My son is now behind for his grade.

Posted September 19, 2007

I have been going to POPCS for five and a half years now. I have enjoyed it tremendously. I love learning more and more everyday, love all of my friends, and most of all love the Lord. I am now in tenth grade, and yes, I have had good days and bad days. The good days always outweight the bad and when the bad days come I have a wonderful support group of teachers, friends and coaches who care about me and my day. We have the best parents and the best extracurricular. I love playing all the sports. What is amazing is that whenever we play we say a prayer and all play our hardest. Tonight I was doing my homework and I actually didn't mind, because the teachers teach well and don't give busy work. You have to see how amazing this school is to believe it!

Posted January 22, 2007

This is the third year that my son has attended Prince of Peace. My daughter will be starting pre-school next year, and there was no question that she would also go to POPCS. The teachers care about each and every one of their students and are available if you have any comments or questions about your children. The school teaches the children about the Lord and has a real Christian atmosphere. Unlike other schools in the area, the school is about being a Christian, now trying to compete to see who is the 'best' Christian. The academics are top notch. The children are SO happy and content. My son loves it there and plans to go there all the way until he graduates from high school. The school is more like a family than a school.

Posted November 30, 2006

This school is top-notch. We have two children at Prince of Peace. What a difference from the 'exemplary' Plano public school they attended last year! POP children are well-behaved, good kids. Our kids have been thrilled with their amazing, gifted teachers and they're on soccer teams, in drama club and making friends so easily. The parents are educated, attentive people who are plugged in to their kids' lives, the teachers are not burned out - they really seem happy, and the academics are wonderful. Our daughters have really blossomed. They went from feeling reluctant about heading out the door each morning to bouncing out the door without any drama at all. They love school. We felt so worried last year. Now it's all better. You can feel the difference when you walk through the doors of this school. I encourage parents to tour and see the difference first-hand.

Posted November 13, 2006

I have two children attending Prince of Peace and after looking around at other schools in the area (TCA, PCA, CCA, etc...) my husband and I concluded that this was the place. The National Blue Ribbon award was super, but the school is still improving every year, adding a full football program next year. The academics are excellent and the teachers are very caring. The positive peer pressure is refreshing.

Posted January 14, 2006

Popcs won the presidential blue ribbon award. They deserve it to say the least. Best part about popcs is God is a big part of everyday learning. Parents are more involved in this school than i have ever seen. School pushes parents to become involved in their childs life. The headmaster can tell you the name of every parent in child. Reason why: he loves each and everyone of them. In addition he is a volunteer coach with weekend sports programs. All the staff is dedicated to providing the best for each and every child.

Posted August 27, 2005

This is my son's fourth year at POPCS. His level of knowledge and education far exceeds many children in the same age bracket. The academic programs are not only superior, but they interact the teaching of the Lords word in all areas. The parent involvement is like nothing I have ever seen. The school pushes for your interaction. Parents love being a part of all functions. Don't know who has more fun, the kids or parents. I researched many other schools before chosing Prince of Peace. Unable to find anything that compared. Come see for yourself you wont be disappointed I promise.

Posted July 31, 2005

I have two children, one in middle school, and one in high school. What I like best about Prince of Peace Christian is that they have a great group of friends to hang out with that don't pressure them to do the wrong things. I also love how involved and supportive the parents are. There are a lot of opportunities to participate in extracurriculars. In the three grades of middle school, there were at least 4 basketball teams per grade, which is phenomenal, considering that there are only about 50 kids per grade. My children can participate in volleyball, bball, track, soccer, golf, baseball, cheerleading, band, choir, drama, and academic and art competitions. This is one place where your child won't get left on the sidelines, just because they aren't great at something. They also have close bonds to many of their teachers. The Christian lifestyle is emphasized daily.

Posted February 23, 2004

Our students have been at POPCS for several years. They are receiving a top quality education and exposure to varied sports and activities, all in a safe and supportive environment. Teachers and administrators care about each student's academic and personal growth.

Posted January 16, 2004

I live in Plano and have a 6th, 8th, and 10th grader at Prince of Peace. They are getting an excellent education without being exposed to horrible behavior from other students. The teachers and adminstration really care about and know each student.

Asian or Pacific Islander 13% 4%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence (2004)
  • Each grade level’s average scores on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills have been in the top ten percent for ten consecutive years

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Latin
  • Spanish

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • NLSA
  • SACS
Fax number
  • (972) 447-0877

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious