Carrollton, TX
Students enrolled: 2,346

Posted November 21, 2014
Hebron High School has been great for my 2 children. They offer many AP classes and utilize an accelerated block schedule similar to a college schedule (4 classes per semester). There is a career center where students can take specialized classes in areas such as animation, engineering, and health science. Students are encouraged to find an activity/group that interests them (athletics, band, theater, ac dec, etc.). Being a larger school, competition for some teams can be tough, but the school supports jv & jv2 teams in most sports so that more students can be involved.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 10, 2014
I lived in the Dallas area for more than 25 years and my daughter attended Flower Mound High School (part of LISD). She had many friends at Hebron High school (same school district) and we heard nothing but EXCELLENT reviews of Hebron from her friends and their parents. I now live in a neighborhood in Frisco that feeds into Hebron and again have heard wonderful things about this school and its' students.

Posted July 19, 2014
School has a great staff. The kids love it. Lots of school spirit. Academics ate excellent.

Hebron High School 4

Posted May 15, 2014
Two of my children are currently attending Hebron. I am in NO way a "PTA" Mom, and I try to be objective. I have loved almost everything about Hebron. The academics and course offerings are outstanding. AP classes prepare students for success in college, and the career center offers truly phenomenal courses for non-college students, or supplementals for college-bound to jump ahead in their field. One assistant principal can be problematic, dogmatic, and short-sighted, and some applications of dress-code can be absurd and handed with minor humiliation. I do not believe this is a school problem, I think this is the style of this particular assistant principal. The block scheduling runs akin to college semesters, so missing a day of class is a BIG deal. It's like missing 2 days of class. But students come out prepared, and already used to managing time equivalency of a 12 hour college semester. The block scheduling can be a big problem if a child has to move mid-year, but I have found that the benefits outweigh the costs. Overall, I am VERY pleased with Hebron and the 9th grade center, and I honestly do not understand why it is not rated more highly on GreatSchools.org.

Posted September 15, 2013
Hebron offers excellent AP and Pre AP courses for students. Both of my children graduated on the Distinguished Academic Program path and were top scholars. They both had their choice of universities to choose from. My son was in the highly acclaimed band program as well. Great teachers and staff.

Posted May 26, 2013
Hebron's wide variety of course offerings and diverse high achieving student body are exactly what my husband and I were looking for when selecting where we would raise our children. The principal and leadership team are fair and consistent which is needed in a high school environment - we know our kids are safe here. There is incredible rigor with courses offered which you can see with the number of national merit scholars and awards given to those who graduate from this school. There is something for every child at Hebron, from areas of academic study to student activities, the environment enables students to find their place and purpose as they begin to plan for their future. There are endless resources available from books to technology, classroom tools, incredible facilities and programming....everything we have seen has been world class. Staff and coaches are caring and involved and help students achieve at their highest level if they are willing to try. It doesn't matter if your child is bound for Harvard, Technical School or an immediate career....they will be prepared if they take advantage of the offerings available here.

Posted April 23, 2013
My daughter is a graduating senior at Hebron. She has been there for three years. She took all pre-AP and AP classes that were available, and has been very active in the fantastic band program. If your child is willing to work hard, all the tools they need are available at Hebron. She is now an All-State clarinetist, a National Merit Scholar, and has received multiple scholarship offers. We love Hebron!

Hebron High School 1

Posted January 09, 2013
My 9th grade teenager has been bullied by the teacher in front of the class. I do not want my child or any other student at Hebron to be a victim of bullying. No teacher should ever say anything like that to kids, teachers like that shouldn't even be around kids. I am waiting for the principal to take action on this, If nothing happens, I am going to take this to the board and aware the media. I just want to aware all of the students and parents that if anything happens to their kids that they should take action immediately.

Hebron High School 1

Posted October 02, 2011
I hope that this review is posted, i'm starting to feel that only the good reviews are the only ones posted, but we will see. My experience was theworst thing to have happen to my teen. Teen was targeted by a asst. princ. and had my convinced that my teen was the worst , harassment, humiliation, searchs on regular basis that were not only needed but nothing was ever found. I was told just looked like on drugs eventhough i explained and provided dr. medication that could cause this. Teen was always placed in front of teacher and told could never go to restroom . This person has changed my teens life and has left us to pick upm pieces for her bulling and harassment for no reason annd never a valid reason fpor what she did. We have bullies in schools but who would understand a person of title and also being paid to bully embarasss and humil. teen has been greatly effected and im sure this has happened to others at this school its got to stop.

Posted January 26, 2011
I attended Hebron High School and I enjoyed every minute of it. The faculty and staff were supportive and involved in each child s life. I saw one post regarding the dress code and I do not think this is an isolated incident, this happens in the majority of schools and any institution for that matter. I am African American so I am experienced in saying so, we tend to stand out when we break the rules or even walk a fine line anywhere we go. I honestly do not feel the Hebron Staff would racially profile students as I was once a student there myself and they treated me with the utmost respect and love. I will say that in my dress code days I was told by the Asst. Principal due to the figures of African American females in comparison to a Caucasian it is definitely more noticeable when an African American student breaks dress code. Blame genetics LOL

Hebron High School
4207 Plano Parkway, Carrollton, TX  75010
Last modified Hebron High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hebron High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top