Homestead Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2014
This school (most of the teachers and administration) focus mostly on behavior rather than academics and it doesn't help or improve behavior in any way. They use awful conduct charts and humiliate kids at lunchtime by making them line up to get in the "time out" line before recess. It's horrible and ruined my child's self esteem. Thank god we are not at Homestead any more. PTA is awesome though and they make the school much better.

Posted May 28, 2014
We have been at Homestead for almost 2 years and we love it! The teachers are wonderful - if you have any questions they are quick to respond. I love that I feel my child is excelling academically and made lots of new friends.

Posted August 22, 2013
The school is really good.My son loves his school.PTA involvement is high.The teachers are great.

Homestead Elementary School 2

Posted March 30, 2013
The school is beautiful and the PTA is wonderful. ThePTA makes this school! They raise a ton of money every year and the parental involvement is very high. On the downside, the principal and most of the teachers are very strict, rigid and are not necessarily, nurturing. They focus on behavior far more than academics. Some of the teachers are downright militant. We had 2 years there and I am so glad we moved! If we ever moved back to that area, I would make sure we were in a different school district!!

Posted September 23, 2011
I have a daughter in the kinder, she is very happy with their new school. I truly believe my dauther is getting a excellent education! The teachers are great.

Posted July 16, 2011
My two children attend this school. We have had a wonderful experience thus far. The teachers are very open to communication with the parents. Parental involvement is high. I truly believe my kids are getting a quality education here!

Homestead Elementary School 1

Posted November 09, 2010
Our experience with this school has been terrible. My child's teacher does not need to be teaching! My child has been a "B" student until this year, now he is barely passing. There are no issues or other reasons for his problems except that the teacher clearly has an attitude, she does not like my child or me and it relfects in his grades. We consistenly spend at least 3-4 hours per evening on his homework, and he is still getting low grades. Ex: A study guide was sent home for a recent test. He memorized the study guide perfectly. He got a very low grade on the test because hardly any of the questions from the study guide were on the test. I honestly do not know what to do.

Posted September 29, 2009
We have two children at Homestead and both have been taught by excellent teachers. We are pleased with the experience.

Homestead Elementary School 0

Posted August 21, 2009
I think this is an amazing school. I was a teacher myself and now have two kids at Homestead. One of my children's has special needs and I've had nothing but total cooperation on what she needs to be successful. I think it's what you make it! Get involved, keep good communication with the teacher and show them you are in this together for the kids. Lots of options for after school programs and super involved parents! We feel blessed to be at Homestead!

Posted August 01, 2009

Homestead Elementary School
1830 East Branch Hollow Drive, Carrollton, TX  75007
Last modified Homestead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Homestead Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top