Bad
Good

After seven districts in twenty years, I believe I found one that genuinely cares about it's students. This small town is community oriented, and the principle of this school has the mind set, "whatever it takes" to get these children ready for their futures. After teaching twenty years, I have SEEN behavior interfere with instruction of all students. Here, we try hard to build student teacher relationships and show, not tell, students that we care and are here for them. This principal has a great big hearty thumbs up from me. She's hands on, cares, knows what she's doing, keeps things in order, praises staff and children every time she can. Anyone giving this woman a thumbs down, can't have any experience anywhere else in other districts. I think she was born to lead a team of professionals and future community members (students).

I guess the principal does run a "tight ship" I am and always have been involved in my childs schools, I think I am a good judge of "good" and not so good school administrators. I have to agree with the other posts, I give this principle a thumbs down. Sorry...

My daughter loves CCIS, and I think highly of it. The Principal runs a tight ship - she is VERY involved with the school and is everywhere... I have no idea what the other parent was talking about when she said the principal was never around (maybe that parent is the one never around). CCIS has school spirit and welcomes more parent involvement. Statistics prove that higher levels of parent involvement in their childrens schools helps the children have a better overall school experience.

Pleased with all aspects of the school. My daughter just wishes the lunch period was not so crowded.

My child has gone to this school for the last two years and she LOVES her teachers and the school. I'm not sure what the other two parents were talking about when it came to administration. Anytime I needed help from the assistant principal or principal, they were ready and willing to step in. My daughter went through a period where she was being bullied by other students. I spoke with the AP and the bullying stopped. I don't know what she did, but she fixed the problem.

My child has always been very excited about going to school, except when he started this school. A few weeks into the first day of school, he started 'complaining' about the teachers; uncaring, not supportive, mean, not patient, etc... I scheduled a meeting with all his teachers and guess what? My child was correct! During the meeting most of them sat there with an 'uninterested' look, the asst. principle didn't even have the curtesy to sit through the whole meeting! I am not impressed with the staff at this school at all. P.S. Has anyone seen the principal? She is never around!!!

Poor scores and unsupportive parents and principal! I feel for the teachers who work here and endure the high population of defiant students and bullying parents. The central office inhibits the staff from performing their duties to the best of their ability by taking their resources away. Shameful situation. I can't beleive the state hasn't stepped in yet.

Last modified Cedar Creek Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.