Bad
Good

My daughter's JV soccer team, Crockett High School, played a game on 2-23-16. Cedar Creek players were using profanity and racial slurs throughout game. The really sad part is Refs did NOTHING about this behavior but apparently that's the culture around this community. So unfortunate that in 2016 parents of minority children have to still say, "not ALL white people are like this". When will ALL parents step up and TEACH their children HATE IS HATE, no matter when it's displayed.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There are many great and dedicated teachers who work hard to educate these students. Extra mile type teachers.

Amount of homework: Agree

Students are challenge to think and develop good study habit that will help them in college and life.

Develops character: Agree

The school holds the students accountable for their actions and efforts. They prepare them for the post high school experience.

My son attended Cedar Creek High School. He was active in band, NHS and the Principal Advisory Council. There are great teachers who are committed to the student and helping them succeed academically. When my son struggle there were great teacher who went out of their way to help him. Coach Sharkley, Mr. Birch, Mr. Meyers, Mrs. Bernadin, Mr. Conn, Mrs. Robles, Mr. Willis and Mr. Washington (Assistant Principal) are some of the great heroes of this school.

My son attends CCHS and even though it is a new school, he is enjoying his classes (pre AP). He is also involved in a couple of clubs and Band. The teachers have always communicated with me when my child was "falling behind" or missing an assignment, which I very much appreciate. I've only had to call in a complaint one time, and the VP returned my call within the hour. The band directors are wonderful with the kids (sometimes too nice) lol I feel a student will get out of it whatever she/he puts in. My advice: Kids, Get Involved! Parents: Get even more Involved!!!

I am extremely happy with this school. I am a parent of a son who is involved in pre AP classes, FFA, Marching band and sports. I have found the teachers are not only supportive and knowledgeable. I have personal experience where I have had a teacher who is meeting with the kids on a weekend at 5am to go to an FFA event and teachers who have to teach the next day that are still at the school at 11:30pm due to athletics, and band. Anyone who shows up for a Friday night football game see not only the great spirit of the staff and children at the school, but also our community. I was appalled to see the prior comment made. I support this school 100% and When we had the fires the principle called all the students personally to make sure all the kid were safe and if not was there to help provide services. I have been a parent for over 23 years, and have lives all over the county, I have never found a better school.

I absolutely HATE this school. If you had heard anything negative about bastrop high school, believe me Cedar Creek is not so much of a difference. Some teachers dont seem to care academically wise on the students future (neither do MOST of the students). Athletics is terrible, even though it is a first year opening I would expect better. Students dont have any school spirit what so ever. Pep rallys are so dull I think I feel asleep on one. Bright side: It is a very beautiful school and new technology is applied. But I garentee you if you send your child to this school, she or he will have a very hard time getting into the college that they wish. A non academically nor athletically recomended school.

Last modified Cedar Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.