Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I moved in this area hoping my child would get a better education. Moving from another state and speaking with co-workers and friends, I was told this was a good district. Later I found out it use to be a great district but once it became an open campus/district it is now the worst. Don't get me wrong, there are a few great teachers but for the most part the head principal let the asst principal run the show and there is one in particular that rules the palace. This asst principal is not FAIR and only caters to certain kids. They have zero tolerance for excessive talkers (notice I didn't say any other behavior issues), they hire teachers with little or no patients for kids and most of them come from the corporate world and just need an income and have no desire or passion to teach kids. There is a lot of fighting and if your kid is well like and starts all the fights, he/she is not reprimanded but your child will definitely get sent to ISS or sent home, while troublemakers continue to attend class. So unfair! Hopefully a change will come or CHISD and especially BCMS will be known as the WORST school district ever and parents who actually live in the area and pay taxes will move their kids to another school.

Bessie Coleman has been a good school so far for my student. This is our first year and there is a new principal and several new staff members. My student is a part of the STEM program. It has been pretty good. I would, however, like to see more academic events to showcase talent to parents.

Principal Jawaid replaced with new principal. Hope she will be better. School really needs a massive overhaul. Too much bureaucracy. My student bored out of his mind from lackluster, non innovative teachers and material. Could be a great school, but that would take an act of massive inspiration or divine intervention.

Horrible school, principal worst if you complained your. Child would pay the price, they worried more about suspending kids and putting them in iss than about their grades or understanding that they were starting to go through a lot of changes.

Esta escola HORR VEL bem quando eu fui um professor estava seduzindo uma crian a .. e algu m se sentir a partir do segundo andar

I think Bessie coleman is a alright school, but it could be better. I was a recent student there and the teachers there would curse students out and not give them a chance to hear there part of the story. Maybe if the staff there was a little more co-operative it could be a great school.

my old school was the best they have some of the best teachers there i did very well my wonderful years there

I think BCMS is a wonderful school. My child has done the best acedemically in this school she does not struggle anymore and and I am very proud to send my daughter to this school.

I think BCMS is the greatest school ever.i really suggest that you send your kids there i have never met any teachers as nice as they are.Their academics their are outstanding and my son loves it there.Its like the best middle school in texas.

I think BCMS has the ability to a super school. Some of the teachers are outstanding and go above measures to ensure our children are on track for success, while some teachers could care less and may not be equipped to even teach a particular course.

Last modified Bessie Coleman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.