Cedar Hill, TX
Students enrolled: 1,694

Posted October 23, 2014
Parents, DO NOT take your kids to this school! I attended Cedar Hill my sophomore year. Worst highschool year of my life. Coming from a good schoool from my freshmen year my sophomore year at Cedar Hill was just a nightmare, the kids have absolutely no interest in school, they come to school to just mess around, making the teachers not even care as much. I barely learned anything, school was too easy, I didnt even get challenged AT ALL. I had straight A's but wasnt even proud of them, the school was just too easy. Im glad I went to a better school district (Richardson isd) my Junior year, now I'm getting challenged and I feel like I'm learning something.

Posted April 19, 2013
This school is terrible that's all I have to say, not just the school but the DISTRICT as a whole. I would know because I;m a former student, I attended from elementary to high school. Why? The teachers here do not care about your education at all. They have teachers that do not teach and are just there for a check. They havent been a good district since the late 90's and early 2000's

Posted March 08, 2013
This school is horrible. I am currently a student attending this school and am trying to find a way out. most of the students in this school are leaving for better acadamic opportunites. This district is awful.

Cedar Hill High School 4

Posted February 26, 2013
I am currently a sophomore on a full-ride academic scholarship at a top university in Texas. I graduated from Cedar Hill High School in 2012, and I must say that I am proud of the school I graduated from. The school offers many dual credit courses, which is why I am graduating college a year early. For the most part, I feel like Cedar Hill taught me how to become an independent learner, which in turn has helped me succeed so far in college. There were several excellent teachers at this school. The school is a little ghetto because there are too many out-of district students. I took mostly AP classes, and I think they were pretty descent. Compared to the students I've met in college who attended other public schools, I'm convinced that there isn't a public high school that doesn't have its problems.

Cedar Hill High School 2

Posted October 28, 2010
Cedar Hill High School should be avoided at all cost. The school can do "well" on State exams, but the school does nothing to encourage the students to go to colleges outside of Dallas Community Colleges. I graduated their in 2010 and from advanced classes. I had issues with a few teachers but most of the ones I had were good and challenging, although many of them would complain about the useless workshop and paperwork they would have to go through because of administration, not to mention they forced them to inforce dress code at the beginning of each class. Also, many replies on here say atlethics rule. That is not true Football and Basketball rule, everyone else is lucky for the locker rooms that they are given. Overall, go to a school in NORTH Dallas all the public schools here are not worth it. (unless you want drafted in Football.)

Posted April 22, 2010
As a teacher here I can honestly say that every practice the District Administration employs drives good teachers away. We are overtrained, overtested and overworked with useless paperwork. I've been here five years and I have had enough. We are punished for high failing rates if we make our classes demanding, and we are also punished if we make them too easy because the kids fail the TAKS. When kids fail they are not held accountable. They are placed in 'Credit Recovery', where they spend 2 weeks clicking through fill in the blank worksheets on a computer and are awarded credit for a class. Students have no reason to feel like they need to pass. Instead, they disrupt other kids' education by failing 2 years and suffer no penalty. The kid who got 1/2 their credits in credit recovery gets the same diploma that the ones who work hard do.

Cedar Hill High School 2

Posted March 25, 2010
I hate that our teacher turnover rate is so high and the district administration just continues to make demands that cannot be fulfilled by first year teachers and it continues to drive good people out. That is why we are not making progress. Furthermore, the lack of respect for teachers from the administration is shocking and all the superintendent does is fill us with empty rhetoric and allow the chief of curriculum and instruction bully people.

Posted March 24, 2010
So sad....Cedar Hill High School ranks below the state average for almost every subject, for almost every grade. Our oldest child attended here and received an abysmal eduacation. We were fortunate enough to be able to provide a better education for our younger child - but what about the families that aren't able to do this? The school administration needs to be held accountable.

Cedar Hill High School 0

Posted September 05, 2009
The school is horrible. Parents dont send your children to any CISD schools. My child went there and had to transfer immediately. Its obvious that the students dont want to learn and the teachers aren't strict.

Posted January 25, 2009

Cedar Hill High School
1 Longhorn Boulevard, Cedar Hill, TX  75104
(469) 272-2000
Last modified Cedar Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Hill High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top