Cedar Hill, TX

Posted July 26, 2014
This is THE worst place I have ever taught. There is a serious lack of leadership and professionalism among the principal. Had to leave after one school year.

Posted March 03, 2014
This school has caring teachers and does amazing things in the community. They offer so many programs for students.

Posted June 07, 2010
This school was the worst experience ever for not only for my daughter, but for me as well. Constant concern on what teachers say, other student behavior, the homework, the bus rides home, EVERYTHING! The worst run school I have ever encountered. I would NOT recommend anyone to send their child to this school. We have decided to relocate for this reason.

Posted January 17, 2009
I have a student in the 5th grade and everytime there is an event or a trip it seems that the teacher have a bad habbit of not giving the students all the information that they need, so the parents can schedule ex: Saturday School, my son had to go saturday school, and no one told him where to go if he had to wear his uniform that day, or if he had a parent that works on saturday how he is to get to the location, this informaiton is important you think?

Posted December 07, 2007
This is my son's first year at West and so far so good. I think we lucked out because his 4th grade homeroom teacher from Highpoint as well as the principal from Highpoint began leading at West this year and he has the same homeroom teacher from Highpoint at West. I was relieved that the principal from Highpoint moved to West because she's always attentive to her staff, the kids, and the parents. On my recent visit (just this past Wednesday) I'd signed in at the principal's office to visit with the cafeteria staff to pay my son's lunch account. At every corner of the hallways I was greeted and or acknowledged by a teacher. I was impressed and extremely happy that my son is very safe and cared for in this school. Highly recommend West.

West Intermediate School 0

Posted September 13, 2007
I am quite concerned as a parent that two of my children attend West this year, and they have had excessive homework since the very beginning of school and are getting very little sleep in order to complete it. The disheartening part was that all of the teachers shared the same response. That being that they have a set amount of information to 'get out to the students according to the State Regs', but don't have enough time in school to get it taught. Thus the excessive homework.

Posted September 07, 2007
This is my daughter's first year at this school as a 6th grader and so far I am extremely happy with the overall feel of the school. From the office administration that is overly helpful to the teachers and their communication. Coming from JWI last year this is a very needed improvement! Definitely recommend!!

West Intermediate School 3

Posted November 12, 2005
West has a diverse mix of kids, consistent with the population of Cedar Hill. It is located in a nice neighborhood. There is an active band and choir program, and G/T classes are available, however, they have been watered down over the past three or so years. If your kid is in G/T, he or she will receive an above average education. If not, stay away.

West Intermediate School 2

Posted September 12, 2005
Four words. Do not like it! the school used to be horrible but now it's worse! it feels like we are in a prison all day! for your child's sake do not send them here.

West Intermediate School 2

Posted August 20, 2005
One word: COMMUNICATION! Perhaps communication skills should be a required course for all teachers and principals.

West Intermediate School
1533 High Pointe Lane, Cedar Hill, TX  75104
Last modified West Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Intermediate School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top