Cedar Hill, TX

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 06, 2015
They are careless and only working for a pay check not to make students successful and good people for our society.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 06, 2015
Teachers want students to do everything at home. Less work for them. That's the attitude.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 06, 2015
Not at all. They do the minimum to get your child to pass so that they don't have to deal with them again.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 06, 2015
This school has the most disrespectful staff and students. Teachers even curse in their classroom. Awful!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 06, 2015
Not at all. My son was bullied the whole time he was there and we have an incident were he was hit by another student and his glasses were broken and the school staff including the principal didn't do anything about it. The staff doesn't have compassion, caring or empathy therefore they can't teach it to the kids.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 06, 2015
The staff is very careless. They are there for a pay check and don't want to bother teaching kids honesty, integrity and fairness. I believe a lot of the staff doesn't even have those traits.

W S Permenter Middle School 1

Posted August 06, 2015
I have a child with special needs and the whole district has fail him. I've been trying to get him in special education since 5th grade with no luck. They are always complaining about his problems, but nobody care to help us. I had to do a private out of my pocket evaluation for him because the one he got done in school didn't reflect his problems because he was taking medications and this was not considered for the test and the results. In his new evaluation it's easy to see that because they didn't take in consideration the medications he was taking at the school evaluation, his results were borderline normal. After spending money and time getting my child to be evaluated the right way the school hasn't done any accommodations for him (8th grade). Also his first year in this school when I went to pick him up after school my child never came out. I went into the office and the lady there was rushing to leave, but called a few teachers and thru the intercom and told me he wasn't there. My heart sunk (at the time I was 7 months pregnant)! I was like that's impossible I've been waiting for him 30 minutes before the bell rang and he never came out. The principal came from the back to treat me like I was a crazy mom and started talking and walking me out like he is not here not our problem. She insisted that I went home to see if he decided to walk home. My son doesn't know how to get home. I was treated so badly by everybody that was there, but the principal was the most rude. They had no sympathy for me or the situation, in there eyes a missing child is an ok situation. When I was half way to my house my son called me to pick him up. He was at the school the whole time because his teacher forced him to stay after school without informing me. I wish I had called the police to make them look irresponsible which is exactly what this school is. I have had enough of this school district, but specially this school therefore I'm moving out of cedar hill just to be able to put my child in a good and caring school. My advice to any parent considering moving to cedar hill is RUN schools here are garbage. I want my child to be a good person for our society and this school/CHISD provide very little of that.

W S Permenter Middle School 5

Posted August 08, 2013
Permenter is a great school it all depends if your student pays attention and does all there work and homework.the security is good they are a little harsh in lunch but above all a GREAT school.

W S Permenter Middle School 4

Posted July 25, 2013
I went to this school for two years and the experience wasn't the best. There are some good teachers and there are some bad teachers. In my opinion I say there are more bad teachers than good. Some of the teachers show favoritism. One the best teachers is a History teacher named Mrs. Maddox she really makes History and learning fun!

W S Permenter Middle School 1

Posted February 24, 2012
I'm a graduate of Cedar Hill ISD class of 2011. The level of learning for this district (yes from Permenter also) has left me unprepared for college and fed up with the lack of student attention. They focus to much on sports and uniform than on a proper education. I was considered teachers pet and can say that even they are fed up with this school system! My brother is going to this school now, and sister to follow. Let's just say after numerous meeting with the school board things are not changing. Bullying, pregnate students and lack of education is why my parents are have to move to another city. Because they are seeing the problems and have tried every other possible solution. I recommend if you love your child DON'T send them to this district! Student don't wasn't to learn and teachers don't want to teach problem children.

431 West Parkerville Road, Cedar Hill, TX  75104
Last modified W S Permenter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
W S Permenter Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top