Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They are careless and only working for a pay check not to make students successful and good people for our society.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Teachers want students to do everything at home. Less work for them. That's the attitude.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The staff is very careless. They are there for a pay check and don't want to bother teaching kids honesty, integrity and fairness. I believe a lot of the staff doesn't even have those traits.

I have a child with special needs and the whole district has fail him. I've been trying to get him in special education since 5th grade with no luck. They are always complaining about his problems, but nobody care to help us. I had to do a private out of my pocket evaluation for him because the one he got done in school didn't reflect his problems because he was taking medications and this was not considered for the test and the results. In his new evaluation it's easy to see that because they didn't take in consideration the medications he was taking at the school evaluation, his results were borderline normal. After spending money and time getting my child to be evaluated the right way the school hasn't done any accommodations for him (8th grade). Also his first year in this school when I went to pick him up after school my child never came out. I went into the office and the lady there was rushing to leave, but called a few teachers and thru the intercom and told me he wasn't there. My heart sunk (at the time I was 7 months pregnant)! I was like that's impossible I've been waiting for him 30 minutes before the bell rang and he never came out. The principal came from the back to treat me like I was a crazy mom and started talking and walking me out like he is not here not our problem. She insisted that I went home to see if he decided to walk home. My son doesn't know how to get home. I was treated so badly by everybody that was there, but the principal was the most rude. They had no sympathy for me or the situation, in there eyes a missing child is an ok situation. When I was half way to my house my son called me to pick him up. He was at the school the whole time because his teacher forced him to stay after school without informing me. I wish I had called the police to make them look irresponsible which is exactly what this school is. I have had enough of this school district, but specially this school therefore I'm moving out of cedar hill just to be able to put my child in a good and caring school. My advice to any parent considering moving to cedar hill is RUN schools here are garbage. I want my child to be a good person for our society and this school/CHISD provide very little of that.

Permenter is a great school it all depends if your student pays attention and does all there work and homework.the security is good they are a little harsh in lunch but above all a GREAT school.

I went to this school for two years and the experience wasn't the best. There are some good teachers and there are some bad teachers. In my opinion I say there are more bad teachers than good. Some of the teachers show favoritism. One the best teachers is a History teacher named Mrs. Maddox she really makes History and learning fun!

I'm a graduate of Cedar Hill ISD class of 2011. The level of learning for this district (yes from Permenter also) has left me unprepared for college and fed up with the lack of student attention. They focus to much on sports and uniform than on a proper education. I was considered teachers pet and can say that even they are fed up with this school system! My brother is going to this school now, and sister to follow. Let's just say after numerous meeting with the school board things are not changing. Bullying, pregnate students and lack of education is why my parents are have to move to another city. Because they are seeing the problems and have tried every other possible solution. I recommend if you love your child DON'T send them to this district! Student don't wasn't to learn and teachers don't want to teach problem children.

Thank God, one kid graduated from Trinity Christian School, and now I can afford to send my other child there and save him from Permenter. I posted the May 10th, 2011 post, and God willing, this will be my last post as I will never have to deal with CHISD again. Now if I can just sell my house and get the heck out of Cedar Hill. Lesson learned, the city school district is way more important than some fancy house. This lesson is costing me more than a few thousand dollars YEARLY, but my kids are worth every penny of it.

i went to this school awhile back and it was alright all they did was care about uniforms though the best teacher is ms. west she fine then a mug.....the worst teacher there is ms. mitchell i think her name changed due to marriage but whatever she's mean parents your kid can go there

this school has some great teachers and some not as great but they try!

Last modified W S Permenter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.