Plummer Elementary School 3

Posted March 26, 2014
We just transferred my youngest son to this school and compared to Harmony School of Business they are behind. It worries me a little that my 1st grader feels he isn't learning anything at school. We do what we can after school to keep him on pace but that takes away from our time outside. I don't blame the teacher because she does a wonderful job with what she has. We spoke to the principal recently and he laughed off the idea that the school could not be doing a good job. I've completed an app to volunteer but I have heard nothing back from the ISD.

Posted November 23, 2010
My daughter is in 4th grade Ms.Moss class and she is awsome. My daughter likes her and I can tell Ms.Moss enjoys teaching. The school is very old but its not about the building its about the education. My son is 2nd grade Ms.Brown class after I pointed out my sons flaws, she has really helped him in class.

Posted March 09, 2010
My daughter attends Plummer and compared when my oldest daughter attended there is an improvement. But there is more to go. I think Reading Night is a great start but some of the programs loose touch with the audience. Plummer needs to talk to Charles Rice and Ronald McNair. But an issue: Is there anyone willing to listen. A lot of the teachers (that have been there a long time) refuse to change. And the newer teachers are corrupted by older teachers. I think that the 'sit down and let me read you a story days are over.' School still lacks creativity and drive to make it a success. Its more than being recognized by TAKS (which is too easy anyway). Too bad that the CHISD school board seems to keep entrusting this principal to do the job. How many years do I have to endure?

Plummer Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2009
My family is new is this district. Our first impression when we pulled up to the school was a little concerned. It looks like its been years since the school has been updated, but just as we teach our children , never judge a book by its cover. Once we got inside we were greeted by the sincerely caring staff. We felt so welcomed and we knew right then that this was going to be a great school. As a parent I am looking forward to doing my part to help our new school anyway I can. I think the possibilities are endless if we all do our part.

Posted August 08, 2009
This school is known for carefully monitoring and tracking the progress of all students. They provide all sorts of interventions to students in need of help. All students get a free breakfast in the classroom each day which helps start the day. Unfortunately, we seem to only see reviews from people that are unhappy instead of hearing from all the people that are happy with the school.

Posted July 31, 2009
I had children who went through this school, and I have worked here as a teacher for several years. I think it was and is the best elementary school in Cedar Hill. The teachers work as a team to help each other and encourage each other. The teachers love what they are doing...teaching children. The teachers are highly qualified and constantly seeking new, proven methods of teaching. The administration is supportive and great at communicating with students, parents, and teachers. The students and the parents are wonderful. PTA Rocks! We had a PTA this past year like we had when my children were small, many years ago. I love Plummer!

Plummer Elementary School 0

Posted June 11, 2009
My son has been there since kinder. He will now go into 3rd grade this year. I agree with what some of the parents are saying. Getting written up in the planner for petty stuff like running in PE or talking during lunch is crazy. However I did like all of his teachers thus far. He always had homework and seemed like he was learning alot. The principal is okay, not really seeing alot of involvement with her. I do agree on the PTA aspect, not a lot of notice of meetings and such. Field Day was a joke!

Posted June 10, 2009
I am disappointed in Plummer. The asst. principal is very helpful in solveing any concerns you may have. However, my son has had 4 teachers since first grade and I can say only 2 teachers took the time to work with him and enhance him. I am a parent that works very hard with my child at home to make sure homework/extra assignments are completed, but at school the teachers put boy students to the side when they are not behaving properly instead of disciplining them and then assisting them to learn the work they send them to detention to lay their heads down. The daily planners are signed by me every day, and the whole planner is always full of petty stuff like talking, getting out of line, running in gym (what?) and so on. Never anything positive. I would not recommend this school.

Posted February 23, 2009

Plummer Elementary School 0

Posted December 29, 2007
This is one on the best schools in America in my opinion. The principal is always available and willing to meet with you whenever necessary. The counselor is the best. She really understands the true definition of team work. She works with the parent and the teacher to help come up with a good plan to make your child's experience the best! My only regret is my son will be leaving this school this year!

Plummer Elementary School
1203 South Clark Road, Cedar Hill, TX  75104
Last modified Plummer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plummer Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top