Bad
Good

My children attended High Pointe the past 2 years and have done extremely well. With few exceptions, the teachers are excellent, and the administrators are outstanding. We believe that everyone at the school cared about our children and their success.

My daughter has just completed two years at High Pointe, and wll enter the 2nd grade this fall. I love this school an feel the curriculum is a step above a lot of the other school districts. You definitely will not have 100% participation from all parents, but the parents showed up at the programs I attended. I can't make all o the programs because of my work schedule and the traffic I endure each day. I love the school and Mr. Johnson, the Assistant Principal has been a guest speaker at youth events at my church several times. No schooll is perfect

High Pointe is a very good school. During my time there with my students, I learned just how much effort is shown by the principal and faculty to make it a good environment. The students are being taught by leaders in the field. My children still talk about the great teachers they had!

This year was my son's first and only year to be in this school as we were highly dissatisfied with the overall quality of his education. The district in general only cares about one thing: test scores. Students are given test after test after test in high pressure situations... common assessments, formative assessments, sumative assessments, mock STAAR tests, and on and on. Classes had so many students in each that it was hard for teachers to be able to give individualized attention to students. Teachers seemed frazzled with the overload of work given to them. The PTA did try hard and I saw them plan many activities for students.

Great school despite the changes that the state of Texas has caused in all public schools. This will be my son's last year at this campus, and I will definitely miss it!

My child just finished his first year at HP. He was a transfer from private school. He, nor the curriculum never missed a beat. Sure I miss the extravagant Christmas program at the private school, but other than Chapel and that, there was truly little difference. I do wish the parents would be more involved, and that the district would make more things mandatory, not optional. The teachers, staff, and principal love the kids, and that is most important. The opportunities are there for your child to be involved and excel, its up to you to make it happen!

We were highly dissatisfied with the academics at this school. The focus seemed to be on helping the struggling students 'get by' with no concern for encouraging the growth and academic excellence of those students who could achieve higher than 'average'.

Student behavior is very poor and teachers do not all seem to have control of classes. Other reviewers were correct that there is a lack of parental involvement which maybe the biggest influence on the behavior issues. Overall the principal does a good job and is motivated.

My child has attended this school since 1st grade and is now a 3rd grader. I have been very pleased with my childs teachers she has had. I love that she is being challenged and encouraged to excell. The administration is wonderful. I was told that I should look for another school for my child and not send her there by a friend. I am so glad and blessed that the education she is receiving at HP has been tops that our experience was not what my friend told me it would be. Kudos to the students and staff at HP!

My son attended this school for 2 years before moving on to intermediate school. Overall, its a good school and is organized, but parental involvement is crucial. This school could be great if parents made themselves more visible in school activities, PTA.

Last modified High Pointe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.