Cedar Hill, TX

Posted May 27, 2012
I am not impressed with the school at all. I feel that the school lacks structure and organization.

Highlands Elementary School 1

Posted August 27, 2009

Highlands Elementary School 3

Posted December 13, 2006
The quality of education has not been consistent.

Posted May 10, 2006
The Content Mastery program at Highlands has been a very supportive and positive influence on my daughter who has gone there from Pre-K to 4th grade. From speech, to one on one attention, weekly counseling, the entire support system for the children is phenomenal.

Highlands Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2006
My kids are doing well, but I have had some heartburn in the past about the amount of homework that my kids seem to bring home. I feel that it is a little much that my kids bring home an hour of homework almost every night and sometimes as much as 2 to 3 hours worth. On nights that they have after school activities, they are very stressed out, when they should be enjoying themselves. Also, in my honest opinion, it is ridiculous to assign a 100+ question homework packet over the holidays. I am happy my kids are doing well, but I honestly did not have the amount of homework they have now when I was going through high school. What is the balance between keeping a child engaged in the education process and burning them out with too much homework? I don't pretend to have the answer, though.

Posted September 27, 2005
the quality of academics is very good. the availability of music, art, and other extra curricular activities is very good. parent involvement is high.

Posted September 13, 2005

Posted June 14, 2005

Posted November 03, 2004
The school is run very orderly. However,it seems that fundraising takes precedence over children's health and safety. Also, some of the teachers do a lot of shouting at the kids and don't seem to have much patience. Not a very caring atmosphere.

Highlands Elementary School
131 Sims Drive, Cedar Hill, TX  75104
Last modified Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highlands Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top