Bad
Good

My son went to this school for 2 month and I took him out quickly. The priorities are not straight. 2nd grade....they sent him home with a college research paper.....with questions like how much is tuition, how many student, school colors, degrees offered, etc...REALLY?!?!!! Half your school can't pass the TASK test! Can we focus on the basics of learning!! College research needs to be left to Jr High and High school students.

My son has gone to this school for 1st and 2nd grade and while the first year was ok, I was extremely unhappy with this past year there. My biggest issue with this school is the inappropriate way the teachers and staff speak to the children. I have witnessed (while there for school functions) teachers/staff yelling at kids and talking down to them and if this is what happens when parents are there I can only imagine what it's like when they're not. I have had several encounters where teachers/staff were openly rude to me as well. While there are some nice people, the fact that treating kids this way seems to be acceptable and common practice is not ok. My son has told me of several occasions in the class room where other children were being belittled and yelled at by a teacher and it made him very uncomfortable. There is an issue with teacher turn over there and little to no consistency. School events are poorly organized and supervised. The few times I have spoken to the principle she was nice but the staff at this school is it's biggest issue and until they get it together in that aspect I would not recommend it. I will be trying to transfer my son to another school if possible.

I agree with all the parents who say they are very disappointed. My son has only been going since the fall this year, and he doesn't like it. The teacher he has seems nice, but I keep having to go up there and we have had too many incidents that shouldn't have happened. We will be moving in a month and I can't wait, I know of Dallas schools that are great, you would think that a small school like this one would be even better.Very disappointed about this school.

My son has been in this school for 5 years and his teachers have always been great, but I am disppointed in the lack of communication from the principal when a problem does arise. My son will finish out here in 4th grade only because "it's better the devil you know..."

My daughter had been in Waterford Oaks for 5 years and she loved. She is in 4th grade now and this is her last year at the school, we just hope for for her next school to be as good as Waterford Oaks.

Waterford Oaks Elementary has a TEA rating of Exemplary! The school is one of the best kept secrets in Cedar Hill.

I am so impressed with the orgaization of the staff at this school. This is my daughter's second year and she loves it. So far she has had 2 fabulous teachers! I fell so safe and comfortable sending her to this school every day. All of the staff truly love what they do!

Wonderful School and teachers! Absolutely outstanding leadership! :)

It isn't just the school it is the district. These schools are gutter schools. The kids are out of control and the teachers can't handle it. My child will not be going there next year.

Last modified Waterford Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.