Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

It's a strict school. Following rules is very important. The teachers are very tough, but talk to the parents well. Gym teacher is great with students and parents. Great drop off, but pick up is a little too much and should come up with another strategy. Wish they did a lot more learning then just filling out paper and book work.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

When all they hear from the teacher is yelling and calling the chellenged children names. I just don't get it.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Too much for second graders. Alot of these kids come from single parent homes. Lots of times they don't get help or the parent just doesn't care enough to check child's backpack to make sure they know,exactly where there child is on school homework, activities, etc.

I am a relative of a second grader there. I take and pick her up 2-3 times a week. There's nothing more heartbreaking to see the SAD look on her face when I pick her up. Her pictures show it all in her face how she feels. Recently she had gotten her clothes all wet from her water bottle. Her teacher told her she could call me to bring Xtra clothes and then DID NOT LET HER. SO SHE STAYED WET AND COLD FOR A FEW HOURS. I'M AM NOT HAPPY!!. Thus is just one example of the complaints I have about her teacher. I don't think she realizes that theses children go home and repeat the says events. She obviously couldn't have children of her own by the way she treats these kids. I'm appalled at her verbal abuse to these students. Thank you for your time. Sincerely, a VERY CONCERNED GRAND PARENT.

I am both a parent and a teacher in the district. My son has a learning disability and did well at LakeRidge. I was happy that he was held to a high standard behaviorally. Mrs. Syverson was an exceptional partner in helping my child adjust and succeed in Advanced Academics. I will be sending my second child to LakeRidge this fall with no hesitation. I agree that District-wide, the disciple measures and procedures need to be standardized so that kids and parents understand what the expectations and consequences are for unacceptable behaviors. Parental communications need improvement, and parents need to be given greater notification of the resources and ways they can become involved. As a teacher, we NEED moms and dads on campus and ideas on how to strengthen the ties between us. We love these kids and pour almost all of our professional and personal time and money into them. We beg administration for more time to work with them and more resources to meet their diverse needs. LakeRidge is full of peokple who do the same!

This is a great school I went there for my whole elementary life and feel that now that I am entering 7th grade next year that the school environment made me the A student I am. Go LRE Tornadoes!

stay away from CHISD, not a good school district for your kids. parent involvement is great but teachers forget why they became teachers in the first place. put our children first. stop complaining about your paperwork.

I have been with the Lakeridge E. for at least 3 years. I would like to disagree with the comment against Mrs Syverson. Two of my children also in advanced academics have gone through her class. I think she is a wonderful teacher. She encouraged my children to be the best and they are still excelling after moving on from her class. She is friendly, very personable and communicates well with parents. That was my experience with her twice with 2 different kids.

My experiences with this school is way far from satisfactory: my special need children have experience a great deal of problems as well as harsh discipline, which I found unprofessional and a great deal of concerns for our children. I think parents who have experience any uncomfort with the staff ways of disciplining their behavior problem children, should highly report their complaints. Most complaints from this school would probably be from how the school deals with children who have emotional and behavior problems: Otherwise, the school would be great for children of normal behavior. The whole district has a zero behavior policy, which discriminates against those students diagnosed with behavior disabilities. This school seemly needs deep investigation of how it's trained to deal and handle students with behavior problem disabilities. If you or your child never experience these problems, it would be judgmental to dictate to parents like myself as not knowing what we are talking about. If a pole was sent to every parent who have children with these problems, you will be surprise at the district's ratings.

We spent 2009-2010 at this school. We came from a private school and was apalled with the unprofessionalism of one of my childs teacher Mrs. Syverson. I partnered with several other parents who had the same issue. We were suppose to be in Advanced Academics but the class didn't seem to be challenging at all yet often confusing. Since we were only here one year I'm not for sure of the other teachers. Everything else seemed to run ok. Wasn't crazy about the afterschool onsite program. Unfortunately several of the students who attend this school are bused in from other neighborhoods. Therefore your getting some kids with a lot of behavioral problems. I'm glad to say we've moved on to a much better charter school.

Last modified Lakeridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.