Lakeridge Elementary School 4

Posted June 24, 2014
I am both a parent and a teacher in the district. My son has a learning disability and did well at LakeRidge. I was happy that he was held to a high standard behaviorally. Mrs. Syverson was an exceptional partner in helping my child adjust and succeed in Advanced Academics. I will be sending my second child to LakeRidge this fall with no hesitation. I agree that District-wide, the disciple measures and procedures need to be standardized so that kids and parents understand what the expectations and consequences are for unacceptable behaviors. Parental communications need improvement, and parents need to be given greater notification of the resources and ways they can become involved. As a teacher, we NEED moms and dads on campus and ideas on how to strengthen the ties between us. We love these kids and pour almost all of our professional and personal time and money into them. We beg administration for more time to work with them and more resources to meet their diverse needs. LakeRidge is full of peokple who do the same!

Posted January 12, 2013
This is a great school I went there for my whole elementary life and feel that now that I am entering 7th grade next year that the school environment made me the A student I am. Go LRE Tornadoes!

Posted April 20, 2012
stay away from CHISD, not a good school district for your kids. parent involvement is great but teachers forget why they became teachers in the first place. put our children first. stop complaining about your paperwork.

Lakeridge Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2011
I have been with the Lakeridge E. for at least 3 years. I would like to disagree with the comment against Mrs Syverson. Two of my children also in advanced academics have gone through her class. I think she is a wonderful teacher. She encouraged my children to be the best and they are still excelling after moving on from her class. She is friendly, very personable and communicates well with parents. That was my experience with her twice with 2 different kids.

Posted April 27, 2011
My experiences with this school is way far from satisfactory: my special need children have experience a great deal of problems as well as harsh discipline, which I found unprofessional and a great deal of concerns for our children. I think parents who have experience any uncomfort with the staff ways of disciplining their behavior problem children, should highly report their complaints. Most complaints from this school would probably be from how the school deals with children who have emotional and behavior problems: Otherwise, the school would be great for children of normal behavior. The whole district has a zero behavior policy, which discriminates against those students diagnosed with behavior disabilities. This school seemly needs deep investigation of how it's trained to deal and handle students with behavior problem disabilities. If you or your child never experience these problems, it would be judgmental to dictate to parents like myself as not knowing what we are talking about. If a pole was sent to every parent who have children with these problems, you will be surprise at the district's ratings.

Lakeridge Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2010
We spent 2009-2010 at this school. We came from a private school and was apalled with the unprofessionalism of one of my childs teacher Mrs. Syverson. I partnered with several other parents who had the same issue. We were suppose to be in Advanced Academics but the class didn't seem to be challenging at all yet often confusing. Since we were only here one year I'm not for sure of the other teachers. Everything else seemed to run ok. Wasn't crazy about the afterschool onsite program. Unfortunately several of the students who attend this school are bused in from other neighborhoods. Therefore your getting some kids with a lot of behavioral problems. I'm glad to say we've moved on to a much better charter school.

Lakeridge Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2010
We had a very disapointing time at Lakeridge E. and I'm so thankful to be out of Cedar Hill ISD. The teacher quality was poor and uninspiring, and communication with parents was lacking. The parent involvement was the only posivite at Lakeridge. Unfortunately, a rating of "Academically Acceptable" with a 4 is what the school deserves.

Posted August 17, 2009

Posted June 23, 2009

Posted May 22, 2009
Lake Ridge is an excellent school. Our daughter has been there for 3 years and she is excelling. The GT program is wonderful. So are the faculty and staff.

Lakeridge Elementary School
1020 Lake Ridge Parkway, Cedar Hill, TX  75104
Last modified Lakeridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top