Cedar Hill, TX

Posted February 13, 2014
By far the worst school EVER if your concern about your child well being don't send them here my child has been bullying numerous of times even threaten to be killed do you think the principal has done anything NO!! they practice no bullying but the bully's are able to remain in the school! Biggest mistake ever watching my child self esteem go lower and lower she will not be at that school next year I repeat do not send your child here

Posted October 09, 2013
I just recently moved to Cedar Hill and enrolled my middle child at Joe Wilson. The front office lady was very helpful at getting me all the information my child would need for the beginning of school and made both me and my daughter feel welcomed into the new district. My daughter is in the 5th grade and she absolutely loves her teachers and classes. She says her favorite part of school is knowing that anytime she needs help the teachers are always willing to help. Looking forward to a great year at JWI. After reading some of the reviews I was concerned that previous issues parents had would still be a problem but after learning that most staff from previous years had been replaced, I knew those changes were clearly for the better.

Posted January 17, 2013
Nurse Deborah Hackman at Joe Wilson Intermediate is what we need for our children. She gives us that extra push when we don't think it's necessary. Recently, my child was sent to the clinic and right away she called for me to come and pick him up for cold symptoms. When I arrived, I didn't think it was too serious, so I was going to take him home and give mom care. She gave me a form to be filled out and signed by a doctor, making sure he went. She said he was wheezing and needed to see the doctor. I really didn't think so, but I took him anyway. When we got there, the nurse rushed him to the back and gave my son breathing treatments and steriods which weren't enough. They had me to rush him to ER. The nurse in ER said he was so congested and his oxygen level was 88%. She said was good I brought him in when I did. I thank Nurse Deborah Hackman for being so aggressive at times and for caring for our children at Joe Wilson.

Posted August 27, 2012
This was the worst first day ever!!! They would not let the children and parents inside the door. The line was very long outside and some kids had their school supplies with them, some 2 bags full, not to mention it could have possibly rained. Of course, once you got inside it was no better. They had all the doors to the office locked so if you had a question there was no one to ask. Yes, some staff were in the hallway directing traffic but if they did not know something then they had to wait for someone in the office to open the door. While the lady in the office took her precious time to answer the door or even acknowledge that anyone was there. I hope that my child's teacher is a whole lot better than those running this show. This school has left a bad impression already and by the reviews it has not changed much, not even with new leadership!!

Posted August 30, 2010
This school is so bad. I've been tweeting. Hashtag #chisdworldclass on twitter. School hasn't even started good and it's drama. Did u know that if your child does not score a certain rating on the Iowa Test...he or she may not be able to take upper level/ AP courses. Test is tomorrow. So much for CHISD transparency. One bright spot is teachers seem more innovative this year. And the band teacher actually sent written communication of expectations. Too bad I have not received this from ELA, Reading, Science, Math, and Soc Studies. Too bad. They could take a tip from Music Dept. I expect core classes to lay ground work to practice academic discipline. Too bad. Some focus should be on academic discipline...teaching what it takes to succeed. And dont be fooled by TEA ratings. TEA ratings are on a sliding scale. Let's see if this school can even duplicate those

Posted June 22, 2010
I am so thrilled that school is over and my daughter is out of Joe Wilson. I must agree with the other parents that the teachers and staff are very unprofessional and don't care about the students. Now I have to look for another school to enroll my daughter in for the 6th grade all because Joe Wilson is not up to part to teach the students. I have another daughter and I hope by the time she has to go the 5th and 6th grade I really hope that Joe Wilson has upgraded. There is no positive energy there.

Posted May 11, 2010
Unfortunately the previous reviews are correct. I'm kicking myself everyday for sending my child to the environment at Joe Wilson. There are a FEW teachers that are genuinely there to teach, the others including the principals, are there for monetary gain. I could go on and on with negatives but I would rather use the energy to boost my childs self esteem because is it is lower everyday due to him being labeled negatively by a few teachers due to him not being challenged mentally......I will give them an E for effort!

Posted March 31, 2010
My experience with Joe Wilson Intermediate has been negative. My daughter has attended this school for 2 years. The office staff and principals are very unprofessional. You do not have access to principal or authority without an appointment. My daughter has been bullied for 2 years and there has been no accountability or very minimal concern from principal and staff. You never recieve response to concerns or return calls. I have requested parent conferences through out the year and have yet to recieve an appointment. but if my daughter misbehaves only then, i recieve notification. I have been concerned. i have made efforts to address these issues. But i can never ever get in contact with those indiviuals who are in position to resolve these matters. If my daughter fails or is injured then the blame is put on me. I am and have always been disgusted with this school.

Posted February 18, 2010

Posted August 27, 2009
Well This school is great But one of the teachers........................................... ARE GREAT!

Joe Wilson Intermediate School
975 Pickard Drive, Cedar Hill, TX  75104
Last modified Joe Wilson Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joe Wilson Intermediate School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top