PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Our son has passion about learning and this program has inspired him to explore all subjects. He is fond of all the staff, especially his teacher Ms. Ama. We have given him standard tests (as a game) at home and he is ahead of his grade by state standards. (Coming from public education we may be "test" oriented!) He enjoys the game and it lets us know he's ahead of the standards. We are pleased with the diverse education he is receiving at Montessori and would recommend this campus.

We sent 2 of our children here -- 4 & 8 year olds. At first we were very pleased. However, after about 6 months, we re-evaluated. There are approximately 30 children per teacher, with one teacher's assistant. The teacher's assistants do not teach in any way, only redirect. When I observed my 4-year-old's class, approximately 17 out of the 30 children were off-task at any one time, whenever I counted--sitting, staring, or walking around (being redirected to sit down), or looking off into space. As for my 8 year old, she was diagnosed with dyslexia mid-year, and they were unable to help because they did not have the staffing nor expertise. Finally, the Director (and owner) is a good communicator, but my daughter reported how mean she was when she substituted; they kept the school FREEZING in the winter (I believe to save money); and ultimately I think she is terribly understaffed. It's a shame, too, because the curriculum is good!

My son attended Cedar Park Montessori for 9 years, from primary and stayed till completion of elementary. I firmly believe that this school set the foundation for his education and future. His love and passion for learning have come from this wonderful environment which gave him the tools to succeed. My son was always allowed the opportunity to be creative and pursue his own interests. I am very thankful that he was allowed to thrive and grow in such a loving and caring environment. The communication with my son s teacher was always open and she would always inform me of how he was progressing and called out things he needed to improve on. The staff are all very knowledgeable and care about each and every child. In my long experience at the school teachers have always been available to the parents as well as the children. I will always be grateful for the opportunities my son received at this school.

The teacher quality is not consistent. I had four children through their preschool program over the course of two years and I was extremely satisfied with my first child's teacher, Ms Diedre. I enrolled my twins and became progressively more unhappy as time went on. I witnessed teachers being exceptionally rough with the children. Pushing them down to the floor. Manhandling their legs into the correct sitting position. When I brought this to the attention of the director she seemed incredulous and promised to fix it. A month later I was home and my youngest was crying. My older son suggested I use Ms Debbie's method to stop his brothers crying. I asked what that was and he said I needed to place a kleenex over my hand and then my hand over his brothers mouth and that would get him to stop crying. I was appalled. I removed my children immediately.

My twin boys went to CPM for 5 years, from 2 years old through the first grade. I credit their experience there for making them the dedicated 6th graders they are today. They are A and high B students, but most important to me is they strive to be straight A students, they value their school work and grades. In addition, they value their classmates, this is stressed at Cedar Park Montessori, helping each other. Working together for a common goal. Sending my boys To CPM was one of the best decisions we have made academically for our children.

I have taught at Cedar Park Montessori and her two sister schools for over eight years and would highly recommend them to any parent. The students are extremely well diciplined and have a love or learning seldom seen in other schools. They have a desire to learn and express themselves at a higher academic level than their peers a other centers or schools. The director and staff are always available to parents, and the schools have a relaxed atmosphere. Without a doubt, these schools are fantastic.

They require a 2 year contract. For consideration of entering "Kindergarten" (if matriculation into public school following completion of Montessori program is anticipated) -- ability and "school readiness" are not considered. According to the tour, It is solely based on age -- just like the public school system. It was a disappointment as I was hoping my child would be seen as more than a number. (We have not attended this school - This review is based on my experience upon visiting).

I would give more than 5 stars if it were possible, but all I can do instead is express my feelings about this amazing Montessori school. Due to the character limits, I will make 5 points: 1. The Director is honest and an excellent communicator. She sets the tone for the school. 2. The Guide is amazing with our child and communicates with us DAILY! 3. The staff always seem to have a smile! 4. The school is academically focused and is interested in providing a challenging, yet rewarding, experience for my child. She is reading at the age of 4. 5. We would stay through the HS level if they offered it. Hope this helps! A Happy Montessori Mom

Cedar Park is an AMI montessori school, which means that it adheres strictly to Maria Montessori's principles. The environment is beautiful and prepared for the children; the lessons become intuitive through sensorial interaction (not just sit, listen, and accept whatever the teacher tells you); and the goal is to nurture the whole child, which includes a sense of social responsibility. Children can work at their own pace, which removes the risk of boredom for over-achievers and offers children that special sense of self-discovery when they learn something and truly understand it. This education philosophy makes sense, and the school does an amazing job of implementing it. The staff is well-trained, receptive, and available, and I feel proud to have my children attend.

This is s great school that believe in the true Montessori Method. All the children seem to have the right tools to carry on when they leave the school. It unbelieveable how much they know not only academically but in their behaviour.

Last modified Cedar Park Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5