Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter came from a below average school to Reagan Elementary for 3rd grade. Due to the last school she attended, she had fallen behind but her 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Wood, helped her throughout the year and into her 4th grade year, which has not started. The teachers at this school genuinely care about their students. I will also say that there is a zero tolerance for bullying but what sets this school apart is the fact they actually implement the rules/policies. I would recommend this school to any parent. My daughter loves the Reagan Rays!!!

When you step inside the doors of this school, you know something is just different. The teachers and staff truly care about all of these kids. The effort that is extended from everyone is palpable. From the morning greetings to the high fives and 'have a great day!', you can feel how much the kids feel valued. Kids are so much more than a test score, and here, at Reagan, they prove that daily. The willingness to try new things, to foster tomorrow's inventors and innovators is what this world needs. Truly a Great School. So glad my kids go to Reagan.

Yes the building is a bit 80s concrete but the education is anything but dated. There is a huge push to integrate technology. The kids are not forced to sit in rows all day. They work in a setting that allows kids to be doing different things based on what that child needs and to move around. We love the quest ( talented and gifted) program. It is all about being a critical and creative thinker. It is not just about passing the test. It teaches independence and organization of thoughts. The pace program works well for kids who are excelling in math or language arts. There is a school pride and an expectation of respect we enjoy. The teachers promptly respond to email and are will to meet anytime. Our kids are thriving. Even our middle child who struggles is getting the special attention he needs. He has a teacher that I wish we could keep for the next grade. The principle is reachable and the staff kind and very helpful.

This school looks like a prison inside and out. Constantly forcing children to conform to the new "fun" provided in schools is horrible. What ever happened to th aspects of learning and nurturing the child which attends the school. The school seems unprofessional in its staff (besides a few teachers) and its child care. Overall it really is a prison for children.

My daughter attended 4th grade this year for the 2013-2014 academic year, & I have to say this is a wonderful school! Her teacher, Ms. Meeks was amazing, always went out of her way to keep me updated & made time for parent / teacher conferences. In addition, if you have a special needs child, I was very impressed with the assistance in evaluation of my child's academic & social difficulties, they seem to have a whole staff & the facilities to provide the professional & nurturing environment. Much more than I expected from a public school. Also, as a new school, the rooms are bigger & noticed my child got less sick days this year than in previous school. Lots of school spirit days & nice school projects. If I had a negative comment it would be only that I wish they had a tougher policy on kids or bullies that are repeat offenders, but that is a nationwide problem, not just with this school. Also, the cafeteria is terrible food! Overall, a great school, friendly teachers, & staff.

I do feel like the school is way overcrowded and thinking twice about my child's education here. The safety is another aspect that concerns me. The 3rd graders were all pushed into the portables this year. The principal boasted about the great security they have in case something should happen, but I don't feel that the the security precautions are the same for the portables. AND the portable are right near the busy road, no gate or fence. They have no bathrooms in or near them, so they have to go in and out of school building, how secure is that. Hope this can be be fixed soon, I feel so sad for those with a child in 3rd grade. My child will not be attending if this is still the case next year.

3 years ago I gave this school 5 stars. Now with overcrowding and an inexperienced principle I worry about the safety of my children while they are at school. It makes me sad to see how quickly this school has gone down hill in the past 2 years since losing Kim Adcock as principle. There are so many wonderful teachers at this school but with the district not doing anything about the over crowding and new weak leadership I would say send your child to Parkside. It is the same building but 600 less students! Next school year is suppose to even be worse with the over crowding. Children are getting majorly hurt in PE and recess because of how over crowded the school is. It is dumbfounding that nothing is being done to fix the problem. If I had to do it over again I probably would have built a house in the Lakeway school district.

Though we have older children, we've only been in the public school system for two years and frankly were worried about the atmosphere of a larger school, behaviorally, morally, and academically. All of those worries have been proven unfounded over the past two years. The Reagan Elementary teachers and staff we have encountered are most mindful, supportive, and encouraging staff of any of the schools we have attended. So thank you for hiring experienced teaching staff who I feel truly have our children's best interest at heart!

We love this school, Reagan is a very good school! We totally lucked out in having this as our neighborhood elementary school. The Principal, Teachers, and all other staff are amazing. We have a huge PTA full of hard working parents who come in before and after school, go to meetings, and pull together the most amazing programs & events for our children. The library is great! The school is clean and safe. So much parental involvement and volunteering that the teachers and administration is very well supported. They are very passionate about the kids' education. Reagan Rocks!!

Last modified Ronald Reagan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.