Ada Mae Faubion Elementary School 2

Posted October 10, 2014
Ada Mae Faubion Elementary- Our child has attended this school for several years. The experience there has declined in quality. His teachers are often out of class/they have substitutes (this is not including teach training, personal time off seems excessive) and the new principal this year is unfriendly and stand offish. My child's teacher from last year did not even acknowledge him (I witnessed this) and I was literally stunned by the rudeness. Bad vibe here and we are looking into other schools soon. They often watch movies in class too and seems like my child is not learning basics that other kids the same age are in different schools. I have asked teacher friends about this to be sure of my initial impressions on this. Also spoke to a teacher at some planned student activity night; he was a third grade teacher (will not name names) and he was quite openly hostile and we were taken aback someone like that a) had a job b) had a job working with children. Staggeringly rude 'teacher' who poorly represented the school. Cliquey parent groups as well, not a welcoming environment after you have a kid there for a while you will notice. Would not recommend.

Ada Mae Faubion Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2014
My daughter is now in fifth grade. She has been in third and fourth at Faubion. I was very impressed with her fourth grade teachers. They were wonderful ladies that pushed her and helped her to grow. The school is one of the smaller elementary schools in the district and everyone seems to know all the students. I have two issues with Faubion though - the food in the cafeteria is TERRIBLE. Almost nothing is fresh, my daughter has been served food that was not all the way cooked; when the cafeteria ladies were told this, their response was "it was cooked according to the directions". This is NOT acceptable, but is very indicative of the whole cafeteria culture in the US. Now we pack her lunch. The only other issue we have as parents is there is not a really good playground. I was hoping for better, but with only 20 minutes outside in any event, I suppose it suffices.

Posted February 14, 2013
Fantastic school for our children! My son is now in 4th grade and our youngest will be starting soon and we're excited to send another child to this school!

Ada Mae Faubion Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2012
My daughter attended this school from K to 2nd grade. We were very happy with the teachers in K and 1st grade but were not satisfied at all in 2nd grade. The 2nd grade teacher my daughter's having did not have any motivation for teaching. Very lazy, no communication with the parents. Try to avoid Rae Hamilton as your child's teacher.

Posted August 28, 2012
This is my daughter's second year at Faubion, and we couldn't be happier! The office staff is great, and we absolutely love the principal. Everyone is very welcoming, and I don't feel that my daughter gets lost in the shuffle. Many of the teachers at Faubion have taught there for years, and I feel that speaks volumes about the school!

Posted April 18, 2012
Faubion has a unique approach to elementary school teaching. Not the 'normal' seats in a row, teacher at front sort of old world thinking. The classes can change daily and are set up with learning 'stations'. The teacher goes from station to station and makes sure all are continuing to progress. Weekly grades are available online, and you always know where your child is falling behind in something or doing great. All of the teachers help each other and team teach in certain grades. There is a Quest program, and PACE Math classes. DI program is tops and the entire staff are caring and have a small town closeness with a modern approach to learning. There is a computer lab and laptops used in the classrooms as well. Theatre arts andmusic classes are very professional and teach the kids wonderfully. I cannot say enough about how well my daughter has grown as a student and person while being at Faubion. Top notch school!

Posted November 17, 2010
Great teachers, great leadership. Staff offers individual attention and accomodates individual needs. Theater arts program is great, something we wouldn't see at a 'TAKS-focused' district like Plano. The PTA complaints from 7-year-old reviews here aren't an issue.

Ada Mae Faubion Elementary School 0

Posted April 25, 2010
We are a small school with big heart. Our teachers give so much of themselves by giving extra time out side of school for special groups for the kids. They have organized Student Council, Art club, Drama, club and pep squad. My children are very happy there and so are we as parents. They are recieving a wonderful education.

Posted August 10, 2009
Great teachers and dedicated staff. I love how much parent participation there is. I also appreciate how the school nurse apprises me of situations promptly.

Ada Mae Faubion Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2009

Ada Mae Faubion Elementary School
1209 Cypress Creek Road, Cedar Park, TX  78613
Last modified Ada Mae Faubion Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ada Mae Faubion Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top