Cedar Park, TX
Students enrolled: 1,385

Posted February 23, 2015
My son has had several episodes of teachers bullying and being rude to him and other students. The APS-Math curriculum is ridiculous and does NOT work. He has developed SEVERE anxiety and is fearful to be at the school because he doesn't feel safe. I will say that Mrs Eggeling is THE BEST!!! I am at a cross road with my boy. Pull him out and homeschool him or put him on homebound until he is able to cope with his new Middle School environment

Posted February 12, 2015
Teacher bullying: This year we've had a teacher discuss our child's behavioral issues with the other teachers to the point that the other teachers have commented to our child: "Why do you give "Teacher X" such a hard time?" and the like. "Teacher X" also verbally abuses the children in her classroom with comments like "There are too many boys in this class" and "I go home and cry after school". The flip math program: Students watch recorded instructional video at home and the classroom time is used for questions. Not every child learns via an "online education" method. One of my children did ok in this program, the others have not, and there isn't any other option available to students who learn best by live classroom instruction. You'll be looking at Kumon or the like to help your child catch up. During two prior "start of the school year" orientations, the staff also made several derogatory comments in regards to the high school next door (CPHS), such as "We do things differently here than the school next door" when talking about their approach to teaching. I felt it was unprofessional each time it happened and it speaks to a leadership issue at this school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 09, 2014
We ended up pulling our daughter out of this school b/c of two teachers bullying her (along with a couple of other kids). While the VP tried to address/resolve the issue, the principal turned a blind eye.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 03, 2013
I like almost everything about this school, we are almost 2 years through. I do have to agree with many that the new method of math instruction is WAY off base. I know that it may work for some, but the children who need MORE than videos aren't getting the help. My son has watched the videos over and over and asked for help but was just told to watch more videos. Not good. The rest of the program has been very strong and we especially love Ms. Grande. she has really helped my son to like school at least a little bit! I know that I would like a bit more communication but I haven't been up there near enough so I take on a lot of the blame myself. You can always check grades online but as we all know, particularly with this age group, grades are just the tip of the iceberg! I have always felt welcome when I go in and I have feel that most of the teachers are enthusiastic and willing to work with your child. Definitely a good school.

Posted January 19, 2013
As I see, many of these postings are old. If you are pleased with something, it almost never gets that good feedback. True in everything. We have been at CPMS for 2 years after leaving private school with our 2 children. It is hard to get used to a school with 1400 students, but I think they manage them well. Lots of tutoring help available, but you DO need to be involved in your child's education. That way when things happen, as they do, you can have an intelligent & productive discussion with administration. Great teachers here!

Posted October 28, 2012
On the whole, this is a very good school. However, they have made some changes to the math curriculum in the last two years both in terms of content and in presentation - which isn't going well. Lots of parents are concerned. It's a work in progress, though, so maybe things will improve by the end of the year. The 7th grade math team is not very strong, though. Language Arts, QUEST, and Band are great.

Cedar Park Middle School 5

Posted March 03, 2011
My child is special needs and he has made amazing strides with the teachers at Cedar Park Middle School. I will agree that the front office could use a class on manners, and I'm not happy with the traffic and crossing guard situation, but as far as teachers go... They are amazing. They make time for their students, plenty of tutorials before and after school. I am so blessed to have my child here.

Cedar Park Middle School 3

Posted July 10, 2009

Cedar Park Middle School 5

Posted June 15, 2009

Cedar Park Middle School 1

Posted May 29, 2009

Cedar Park Middle School
2100 Sun Chase Boulevard, Cedar Park, TX  78613
Last modified Cedar Park Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Park Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top