Posted March 24, 2014
The teachers and staff at Cypress elementary are warm, caring and helpful. I have enjoyed watching Vicki Draper, our new principle, getting involved with the school. She seems to truly care about the children and the direction the school is going. My daughter has attended now for 3 years and enjoys going to school at Cypress.

Posted June 27, 2012
Wonderful school and wonderful teachers and staff. We are VERY, VERY happy to be attending here.

Posted June 12, 2012
I chose to lease a beautiful home for much more than allotted in my budget based on this rating and reviews from local moms. Having come from Eanes ISD, nothing short of near-perfection would do. Ms. M in kindergarten was a complete blessing. Teaching for over 20 years, she has patience and kindness you dream of. Kids were sweet, eager, and yes - energetic! Our daily reports and communication (and a great PTA) were part of the magic. I am fortunate to have my son there - and to have him identified so early as G&T. To know he will continue to be challenged is heaven! He came out of kinder reading at a 2nd grade level and performing multiplication and division - all under a loving guide who expressed each student's special qualities. I've gone to 4 birthday parties or outings for school friends just this past month and I actually look forward to more. As a working professional, I want my sons to have the best public education and LISD - specifically Cypress - has fulfilled every expectation. Questions? I'd be more than happy to advocate outside this forum as well!

Cypress Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2012
It seems very bad school to me. My children were lucky enough not to attend it. I have many friends with children going too this school and they are very bad educated.

Cypress Elementary School 1

Posted December 19, 2010
Beware if planning to attend Cypress (or any LISD school) as there has been repeated rezoning of neighborhoods about every two years. My opinion is that the School Board doesn't appear to really care about concerns of parents and neighborhoods regarding the continual churning of attendance zones. I feel they will do what they want based on School Board Committees that run amok each year making rezoning recommendations that are based on both highly speculative attendance forecasts and weak statistical analysis in my opinion. The board has even gone so far as planning to divide wholly zoned neighborhoods into separate pieces to serve their long term "plans". My opinion is that if you can tolerate being in a situation where neighborhoods are herded like mindless cattle, enjoy the thrills of not knowing what school your child will attend year-to-year, and can stomach watching your children cry their hearts out because he/she is losing their friends on a regular basis, then Cypress (and LISD) is the place for you. Otherwise, I would highly recommend prospective families look elsewhere if seeking to relocate or if deciding between Cypress (LISD) and private schooling.

Posted May 25, 2010
Wonderful school, The best Teachers, Principal, staff, and students. My children have excelled above and beyond my dreams.

Posted May 27, 2009
My family and I moved to Cedar Park, TX a few months ago, and we are blessed to have such a wonderful school for our children. The administration and staff have been phenomenal. Our son has a high-functioning form of autism, and the team of teachers and specialists have not only made the transition smooth and easy, but they have been supportive, understanding and advocates as well. We highly recommend Cypress Elementary to all children in Cedar Park.

Posted October 01, 2007
I think Cypress is a wonderful school and we have had wonderful teachers for the 3 years my daughter has been attending Cypress. The school is small, friendly and very focused on making sure each child gets the opportunity to advance or catch up if needed.

Posted August 15, 2007

Posted May 22, 2006
We are thrilled with Cypress! My daugther completed Kindergarten this year and had a wonderful time. She's an advanced student and the learning environment challenged her and yet gave her time and room to just have fun and be six! The special days were tons of fun - the transportation parade, splash day, rodeo day! Although my daughter didn't participate in the theater production, it was fantastic!! It was a musical version of Aladdin, there were 60+ kids in it and they had amazing choreography for that level. I highly recommend Cypress!

Cypress Elementary School
2900 El Salido Parkway, Cedar Park, TX  78613
Last modified Cypress Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cypress Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top