Cedar Park, TX

Posted March 04, 2014
Overall, we have had a great experience at Giddens. Teachers and staff nurture a caring environment. We have been so lucky to have our son in classes with wonderful teachers that truly care about him as an individual. My one wish would be to have the children taught from Kinder on that bullying is wrong. Self esteem can be affected when they are bullied which can effect the desire to learn. We did experience bullying first hand at Gidden's and were less than impressed with the outcome.

Posted July 09, 2009
Giddens is Wonderful the teachers really do care about your children and are very loving. They strive to see that your child is doing the best job they can.

Posted September 14, 2008
This is a fantastic school that really does what's best for kids!

Lois F Giddens Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2008
My daughter just finished Kindergarten. She had a wonderful teacher that worked well with all of us. I do wish PE was a bit more active and less videos!

Posted September 18, 2006
Good teachers with good experience. There seems to be adequate activities and good overall parent involvement.

Posted January 15, 2006
Great parent volunteers. PTA is very active. There are many programs available to help students succeed.

Lois F Giddens Elementary School 2

Posted November 21, 2005
Quality of academic programs varies from classroom to classroom as leadership is weak. Special ed. program needs a program/curriculum. Overloaded with facilitators. Lack of a consistent writing program throughout grade levels. All that aside, Giddens has some excellent dedicated teachers. Once again, I believe that the enormous amount of paperwork and micromanagement on the part of the state and district, keeps teachers from providing the quality eduacation that they could provide if only they were left to do it.

Posted April 20, 2005
writers workshop is one item the 4th graders were offered this year. My sons reading level went up. They do wonderful shows for all audiences song and dance routines and even had a play this year. I volunteer every week I have 3 children that attend and it has been fun for us all.

Posted November 18, 2004
This is my child's second year at Giddens. Overall this is a great school. Communication between staff & parents is wide open. The nurse is fabulous, the counselor is the best! My only complaint is that PTA moved their meetings to daytime hours, avoiding any chance of the working parent attending a meeting. Any potential student problems are quickly identified and steps to assist the student are taken immediatetly. The teachers we have come across are truly dedicated. Even the parents are friendly and courteous drivers in the parent drop-off line in the mornings. Just an all around wonderful school.

Posted January 05, 2004
3 of my 4 children attended this school from 2001 thru 2003. I had a very positive experience with this school. They kept me informed of my child's status at the school very well. If there was any problems, they informed me right away, and took appropriate action. The councelor at the school seemed to do alot for my daughter who was having some difficulty with bullying. Overall, I had a much better experience with this school than other schools my children have attended.

Lois F Giddens Elementary School
1500 Timberwood Drive, Cedar Park, TX  78613
Last modified Lois F Giddens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lois F Giddens Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top