Cedar Park, TX
Students enrolled: 1,843

Cedar Park High School 1

Posted May 02, 2015
Stay as far away from this school as you can. You might hear high phrases from whoever. Please DO NOT believe a single word. The school is a nightmare. It turns it's student into overachieving psychos without giving them even the most elementary basics in any subject. More than half of the teachers at CPHS needed to be fired years ago, not being able to teach their students anything, and that holds true for core subjects and ALL electives. They either don't know their material or don't care, being ignorant while keeping their game face on. My kids and I never in our entire life hated anything more than this school. Be prepared that nobody there will give a pickle about your child other than you, and that is horrible. Again, do not even consider sending your student there, ever!!!

Cedar Park High School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
I am a black male in the 10th grade and I cannot stand this school there are many people that bully me and pick on me because of my race I am very disappointed in this school. The football coaches play favorites and if your not always donating to this school then you will not see any playing time.

Cedar Park High School 4

Posted November 09, 2013
This is more about the District than any particular school. Our schools and our teachers are very good. But before you decide to buy a home in Leander ISD do yourself a big favor and Google "Leander ISD Debt" or Leander ISD Capital Appreciation Bonds". You will quickly learn that as a District we are $3.7 BILLION dollars in debt. Whereas the state debt per student averages $13,000 Leander ISD debt per student is more than $100,000.00. LISD has the third highest debt in the state behind Houston and Dallas (and they each have many times the 35,000 students LISD has. Leander is the poster child for out-of-control debt and most of us are finding our property taxes (which average $6,000 per year) are causing the resale value of our homes to go down.
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 24, 2013
My son is freshman at this award winning high school. Very happy with both the athletic and academic departments. Focus is on well rounded students. Great community pride, will be sending my other two children through Cedar Park High School as well.

Posted December 01, 2011
My son is a sophomore at Cedar Park and participates in their amazing marching band program. They won first place for 4A at the Texas UIL State Championships in 2011 and they have taught the kids to aspire to excellence. My son feels like the band is a family, and is so happy to be at Cedar Park. He says the school has a friendly and accepting culture and that he has never witnessed any bullying. (He had problems with bullies in middle school so we are thrilled he has found a good school home.) Academically we are very happy with the faculty here. They are very accessible and supportive. The kids at Cedar Park (at least the band kids) seem to be a well-parented, respectful, happy bunch of kids.

Posted September 09, 2009
I am a graduate from Cedar Park class of '09 and high school at CP was an exceptional experience. The teachers and staff made the difference... kids wanted to learn, teachers loved to teach and the counslers helped me find my potential and guided me through the years.

Posted September 01, 2009
I would recommend cedar park to any. I'm new this year and the students are very friendly and welcoming. The teachers know when to be strict but also respect their students. Cedar Park has a lot of amazing clubs and programs. Don't let the size intimidate you, this is one of the best schools in Texas.

Posted August 12, 2009
I am a current student a Cedar Park High School and about to be a sophmore. My first year was a wonderful one. The teachers are nice and they know when to be strict. The other students are very nice. I still remember my first day of school, a little freshman and I couldn't find my classroom. A random student came up to me and asked me for help. I thought that was the nicest thing ever! I will recommend Cedar Park High School to anyone I meet! I love it!

Cedar Park High School

Posted July 14, 2009
CPHS is amazing. Has amazing teachers and faculty. They have the nicest students and everything. It's very large, but in a good way. They have 4 separate buildings but that have the same material in them. Best school, hands down.

Posted April 07, 2009
I am a sophomore at CPHS, and I love it. We have a very gifted staff who love to teach and devoted students who have high expectations for ourselves. Not only are our academics superior, but many of our sports and electives are great, as well. We are an open community with a diverse student body. Currently, we have 'the best drumline in the world' and 'the best choir of the region'. The drama department is also very talented. For those who want to attend a school where the students are serious about their work, yet also want to pursue their passions, Cedar Park High School is the school for you.

Cedar Park High School
2150 Cypress Creek Road, Cedar Park, TX  78613
Last modified Cedar Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Park High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top