Cedar Park, TX

Posted June 17, 2013
The vast majority of the teachers provide individualized attention to each student and the parents support their kids and volunteer often. The principal is available and not hiding in an office. The student body is also somewhat ethnically and economically (apartment homes up through $350,000+ homes) diverse, so the students organically learn compassion and empathy for those who are different from themselves on a daily basis. Considering many US suburbs cater to a quite homogeneous student body, I consider Cox refreshing. The school is big and there is sometimes teacher movement from grade to grade (common in TX), it's a bit older compared to newer buildings and is somewhat close to an eyesore of a toll road, but it's not loud or distracting. Overall, what goes on inside the school walls more than makes up for any of the outer shell's shortcomings. No school is perfect, but I feel at ease sending my kids to Cox and I'm pretty Type A. Gifted programs, extracr. activities, etc. available.

Posted June 06, 2013
This school is open to and encouages parent involvement. The staff is professional and the teachers are caring. The school finds a place for everyone to fit in and help with the kids (from working parents to nonEnglish speaking grandparents)! The volunteers commit last minute, but the school has a very supportive community. Go Cox Comets!

Charlotte Cox Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2012
This is my first year with both children in Cox and thus far I am completely impressed! Both of my kids adore this school and their teachers. My daughter is being challenged in her Kindergarten class and also having fun, which makes me happy. I walk the halls of the school and the children are very polite and the staff are very caring. Even the school lunches are above average, with a lot of healthy options. I'm really looking forward to what the rest of the year brings!

Posted August 31, 2012
We completed our first year at Cox 2011-2012 with a 1st and 2nd grader. The teachers did a great job with our kids. We came from a small country school and needed help getting caught up. We ended up having to hold my son back but I don't blame the teachers. The gap was too large to fill in one year. We purposely picked this school because of the high ratings from this site and we knew the standard of learning was going to be higher as well. There are plenty of opportunities for parents to volunteer and my kids absolutely loved the end of the year field day. Mrs Hawthorn, the principle, has helped us feel welcomed and appreciated. We especially love her enthusiasm letting the kids tape her to a wall. We are now looking to buy a house in this school district

Charlotte Cox Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2012
All the reviews left here are from 2009 and older. Unfortunately, in 2009, our wonderful Principal transferred to a brand new school in a wealthier part of our neighborhood. Most of the wonderful teachers we had transferred to that same school with her. Now, our school is not terrible but I would be lying if I said it was excellent. It isn't the same. We are overcrowded with students and our teachers are overworked.

Charlotte Cox Elementary School 0

Posted June 30, 2009
My daughter attended Kinder at Cox this past school year and I couldn't have been happier. Her teacher was always available, responded quickly to emails and phone calls and sent out weekly updates and reminders for upcoming events. I always knew exactly what was going on and felt very involved in my daughter's learning process. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Everyone seemed open and welcoming and I always felt I could approach any of the staff with questions or concerns. I couldn't have been happier with our school experience and would highly, highly recommen this school to anyone who is moving to the area.

Posted June 03, 2009
It's a great school. The teachers are very open, and there are high standards. The new principal seems to be fantastic, and I anticipate only better things to come. There is a ton of volunteer support from parents, and a great environment.

Posted May 26, 2009
Cox Elementary is an amazing school. We are so lucky to have our new principal Mrs. Hawthorn. She is awesome and seems to be keeping the family feel that Kim Adcock helped cultivate. The teachers are absolutely amazing , you won't find a more dedicated group. The parents are supportive and are very involved. I love the fact that Cox is not super homogenous. Just today our parents put on a cultural fair to share their culture with all the children. We had parents from Vietnam, Peru, Norway, Puerto Rico, Mexico, China, Malawi and someone from Louisiana teaching us about Creole. What an awesome mix of kids and parents.

Posted October 28, 2008

Charlotte Cox Elementary School 0

Posted August 11, 2008
My family and I have moved all over the country and the best school that my children ever attended, was cox elementary. If Kim is still the principal, you can't do any better. She should be named principal of the year. She is a great mentor. Any principal who will kiss a pig at a carnival and teach in the classrooms from time to time, rocks! She is also very involved with her teachers. A great principal sets the atmosphere for a great school.

Charlotte Cox Elementary School
1001 Brushy Creek Road, Cedar Park, TX  78613
Last modified Charlotte Cox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charlotte Cox Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top