Bad
Good

Posted February 09, 2013
The security at this school is terrifyingly sparse. I went in to put money on a school lunch account, and (being the step-parent of the child) has never been inside the building before. I was not asked for ID, and they told me to "just go on into the cafeteria". When I said I didn't even know where that was, they pointed me in the direction, rathere than escorting me. I'm NOT yet on the child's paperwork, so they have NO clue who I am! I was directed down the hall past students, into the cafeteria full of students, and left on my own to find the right person in the cafeteria to pay. They didn't have my name, ask if I had weapons, etc. I was smart enough to leave my ever-pent pocket knife in my car (outfit habit with my own kids' schools). But they had no idea what I did or did not have, nor how to identify me if they needed to. I am gravely disappointed with this school, and I fear for the safety of the kids should someone come in there with malicious intent! Want my babies out of there!

Posted December 19, 2012
We have two kids here, and, as others have mentioned, there's a distinct resentment of newcomers. Many kids are the chilren of other teachers and coaches, and the level of favoritism is remarkable and obvious. Sports at the HS are pushed above all, while funding for specialized learning assistance as been slashed, Additionally, Celina is extremely proud of its overwhelmingly Protestant and quasi-fundamentalist nature, to the point of many district administrators and employees publicly decrying the separation of Churrch & State, and teachers & principals administering discipline based on who they "know are good Christians" from their churches versus those who don't attend. It's pretty oppressive if you're not a "fundie" yourself. Academics focus on worksheets upon worksheets, "teaching to the test", etc. Bottom line is we sold our home of 5 yrs just to get our kids out of this bigoted rathole

Celina Intermediate School 5

Posted March 24, 2012
Celina Intermediate is a great school! The teachers, support staff, and administrative staff are wonderful and provide the very best educational environment for my child.

Celina Intermediate School 5

Posted February 23, 2011
After moving to Celina in '07, we were so happy with the teachers, staff and administration! Great school & Awesome place to raise your family!

Celina Intermediate School 2

Posted June 08, 2010
I was very disappointed in Celina Intermediate. They teach entirely toward the TAKS test. Almost everything that came home had TAKS on it. There was tutoring all year long and children were threatened with grade failure and more tutoring for the next year if they did badly on the test. The children should be there to learn what they need to know for each grade level, not just what they need to pass some tests. I didn't really get the impression that parents were able to be very involved.

Posted March 03, 2010
I was in shock that Celina ISD expects students to change classes in 3rd grade. This just seems to be too much for this age. Especially with the required TAKs testing in this grade.

Celina Intermediate School

Posted May 27, 2009
My daughter just finished her first year in the Celina school system at Celina Intermediate. In this day and age, I am surprised a school system can still get away with focusing only on athletics with little or now enthusiasm for intellectual pursuits. Too many early release where they miss important classes to go to the Bobcat Rally. Extra curricular activities for those not interested in sports just don't exist. When I last checked, there is no job category for 'Sports Fan' and 'Pro Football player' is a dream for a lucky few. Yes, it is nice to have a great football team, but that is not the reason kids go to school. The school board in Celina needs a major overhaul - get rid of the backward educators and administrators who only read the sports pages and hire those who actually care about the minds of the young students!

Celina Intermediate School
507 East Malone Street, Celina, TX  75009
Last modified Celina Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.