Centerville, TX

Centerville Jr-Sr High School 1

Posted May 10, 2013
The priority of this school district is sports over academics. I am involved in the middle school and high school. The reading capability of majority students is low at best. I have 2 children in the elementary and I am busy teaching them after school more in a couple hours than they learn in a few days and they can read better than most high schoolers. I have heard many stories from middle and high school students that teachers give away grades and find non academic ways to receive extra credit in order to pass to meet UIL requirements in order to play a sport. Just 2 days ago I was shown a picture of a coach/teacher that was taking a nap, feet propped up on his desk, while the students were just chatting. There are a few great teachers that stand out because they care about your child's education but the overwhelming amount of staff is medium quality or below.

Posted July 04, 2012
I agree with the above poster about being political, however having being new myself I learned if you get in there get involved CONTRIBUTE something in anyway you can be it monetary or just your time you will be more then accepted into the politics.You can't sit on your thumbs and cry about it, you participate and they invite you to join.

Centerville Jr-Sr High School 0

Posted November 10, 2009
It's a great school and I couldn't imagine my daughter not being in this school. The teachers and staff are excellent and they have teachers who give their extra time to tutoring and helping the students. The athletic program is Awesome and the coaches are great!

Centerville Jr-Sr High School 2

Posted November 23, 2008

Centerville Jr-Sr High School 0

Posted August 02, 2007
This school is so political. If your not one of them you are outcased. For you to get a chance to play a sport or hold an office you must be a kid of someone that's been in this town forever. Outsiders aren't given a chance unless you side with the local boys. The district is more concerned about looking good to other districts by trying to out do them. They are more concerned with new gyms or updating the sports facilities than expanding the curriculum and hiring teachers that stay in the classroom and are good teachers. Not interested in the students, just themselves.

Centerville Jr-Sr High School 5

Posted February 06, 2007
- a former student

Posted September 18, 2006

Posted January 13, 2006
It's a good school. but they are not very advanced in art.

Posted January 07, 2005
Centerville High School is one of the best schools in the area. I was a student here and graduated Salutatorian a few years ago. I am now a student at a Division I University, and because of the education I received, I am doing well. I was a member of several organizations, a part of the band, and I was also a part of several sports teams. Although the band and sports teams are not doing as well as in the past, it is because of large groups of graduates that have since moved on and the school population has decreased. The teachers are well qualified to teach their areas and willing to help students. Parents take very active roles with their children. It is a very good education and environment, and I hope my children one day receive the same.

Centerville Jr-Sr High School 5

Posted October 20, 2004
As a parent of two graduates of CHS, I find that their education was of the highest quality. One child is a graduate from a major university (BA). My second child will also finish with a four year degree in less than two years (BS). Both children have reported that their high school academic background was 'competitive to better' than most of the college students in their classes. Many of their college classmates were 'lost' on just the basics (writing, reading, speech, math...). Thanks to the teachers at Centerville, my children and $$$ have not been 'lost.' (1990 through early 2000's)

Centerville Jr-Sr High School
813 South Commerce Street, Centerville, TX  75833
Last modified Centerville Jr-Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centerville Jr-Sr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top