Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Each month the students have a spirit rally and honor students who demonstrate the character trait of the month (i.e., honesty, integrity, compassion, etc.). It is a wonderful way to motivate and honor student's non-academic achievements that are important traits in life!

The staff is the biggest reason this school is amazing. The principal sets the tone and high expectations. The staff provide a nurturing environment and are intentional about their efforts to maximize your child's success.

Is an excellent school with awesome personnel. I love this school. When you have the problem the school say I'm here to resolve any problem. The organization school and discipline is extraordinary.

Stewart Elementary is outstanding! The administration and staff are professional, knowledgeable and welcoming. It is evident when you first walk in the building and are greeted by a warm smile and helpful hand. The Principals are in the halls, classrooms and at school events warmly interacting with the students and connecting with them. The teachers are passionate and amazing. They are excited to watch the students grow and are continually challenging them in creative ways. They are always open to discuss any questions or concerns from parents or students and genuinely love their job. After moving from another highly ranked district in the state, we are pleasantly surprised to find an even better school. Stewart Elementary is an exceptional school and we are so happy that our children attend.

This school is awful. I had my kid tested there for the Dual Language Program and the teacher who tested him said he did great. A few weeks later they sent a letter informing us that he had not made it, so we spoke to the director who assure me he was not good enough to be in the program due to his low test results. I explain to her he had been at Primrose and was doing well there. I almost felt discriminated so I had him tested at Brookwood elementary which is by far better school than Stewart and he passed there, which made me so upset. I found out from some moms that this school is packed with kids from many other places and they barely have spots for all of them so my husband told me not to even think about this place. Now he is attending Mossman Elementary and is in the top of his class and I must say with a great teacher.

I have three children in Stewart Lavace Elementary. It is evident that the teachers and office staff all LOVE their jobs by the way they interact with each other and the kids. My children have loved their teachers every year. Staff works with you to resolve anything that may come up. I'm SO thankful my children go to Stewart.

Wonderful school with dedicated teachers and staff. My child loves it and I am very impressed with the kindness, support, and atmosphere at this school.

Needs major work in special education. School restrains students and has isolation rooms which are disturbing. Called daily about issues that were manageable at other schools before district switched her placement. Forgot to put her on the bus one day and the bus had to turn around for her to get her home. All in all the worst experience I have ever had. I had heard good things about them but our experience with them has been so bad we are looking into switching her to a new school.

We just moved to this district and we are still evaluating the school. There are many Spanish speaking students here!

They need to focus on all students not just Spanish speaking students. At times you feel as if they are biased and that if your child is not in the bilingual program, they don't care much. The gifted and talented services are not made to challenge the students, but merely to keep them busy. That misses the purpose of having a pull-out program. Teachers are not willing to do subject acceleration nor curriculum compacting, and make GT students do drill problems and endless worksheets instead of giving them challenging work.

Last modified Lavace Stewart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.