Bad
Good

Posted August 28, 2014
Cooke Elementary is a blessing!! We just happen to live in Cooke district but if we didn't I would push hard for my child to attend this school. The principals of the school are the best in the business! They genuinely love and care for every single child in the school. The teachers go above and beyond required time to make the classroom experience the best possible for our children. You could not ask for a better school to grow your elementary age student in!! Blessed to be a Cooke Wildcat!!

Posted August 26, 2014
Cooke is my school of choice because the teachers here are truly dedicated to making a difference in the lives of each child! I moved my daughter here from our school district because I know she will be challenged. The GT program is head and shoulders above the program in our previous district! I have no doubt you will love this neighborhood school and the staff and families that make it so amazing!

Cooke Elementary School 2

Posted November 02, 2013
Not impressed at all! There are very FEW friendly teachers.. it seems as though they all woke up on the wrong side EVERY day. I have no problem whatsoever with Spanish-speaking students, obviously it's imperative for them to learn English and expand their communication skills. However, I was seriously bothered by numerous times witnessing my daughter's teacher giving instructions in the hall/event/activity, etc and the Spanish teacher translating over my daughter's teacher, at the same time. Nobody could hear instructions, and we all were lost! The communication is HORRIBLE. It doesn't seem organized to send notes home announcing student participation in certain after-school events or notes saying 'wear a particular outfit' the day before! I can't tell you how many times this has happened, causing my daughter to miss out because we had NO idea until the last second. This school needs a MAJOR overhaul. I will absolutely be fighting for my daughter to be moved to a different school next year. This school is rated Unsatisfactory and it is pretty apparent why! Get yourself an extra cup of coffee in the morning and learn some skills from Coleman Elem.!

Cooke Elementary School 1

Posted April 11, 2013
This school won't listen to the problems of your child and when you try talking to the principles and the teacher they say the reason your son is getting bullied is because he doesn't fight back uses his survival instincts and that just disgusted me and I want to say you better be correct the program...

Cooke Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2011
Has a good student to teacher ratio.The teachers do not communicate well with the parents. They have a few bad teachers there that are lazy, like my sons first grade teacher said she didn't have time to give the students homework and all the work my son brought home was never graded. The school could seriously use some remodeling and updating.

Posted July 12, 2006
I love this school. My daughter has gone here since she has turned 3yrs old for early intervention and I've nothing but good things to say about them. They take real good care of my little one and I've seen them take nothing but outstanding care of the other children also. They try to get any and all parents possible involved in the activities and the daily routines. My daughter loves this school and doesn't ever want to leave it. I hope the principle, secrataries, teachers, aids, nurse and everyone else that works at the school continues to do a great job. They know my daughter by name and site and say hi to her as soon as they see her even out of school. I see personal relationships between the staff and students doing nothing but growing stronger everyday.

Cooke Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2005
POOR, POOR, POOR- awful principal who cares nothing about the children only her career goal. No responsibility accepted. New teachers teaching first year students where they learn so much- they don't have the skills yet, at least in our experience, to teach at this precious stage. School is old, children are taken outside in the weather to use restrooms, (have to leave class & go outside to get to lunch, bathroom, gym, etc.), and very disorganized systems of drop off and pick up. Teachers do not communicate well with parents. Be prepared for sick children during colder months due to outside weather conditions & children being brought from a heated classroom to the lunch room or rest room without a coat.

Cooke Elementary School
902 Phillips Street, Cleburne, TX  76033
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. (817) 202-2060
Last modified Cooke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.