Irving Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2009

Irving Elementary School 0

Posted August 01, 2009
Very good school, with the students needs are first, and works to help students be successful.

Posted April 29, 2009

Irving Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2009

Irving Elementary School 0

Posted February 26, 2009
I must disagree with the posting made February 24th 2009. I believe Irving Elementary is a clean, well managed school with a caring staff. My children have not attended all of the grades K-5 but one of them will. I interact with my oldest child s teachers almost daily when I pick her up. At dismissal there is a procession of cars with parents collecting their children. Notice that the side walk is lined with teachers. I find getting out of line, parking my car and having a one minute conversation with the teacher is all that is needed to clear up any questions I have. Now, when I pick them up the teachers call my children by name and not the tag number. Yes, the faculty is busy but I ve found them still there, way past four o clock working with students and planning the next day s activities. I ve also found them willing to discuss anything for as long as it takes, without an appointment. The homework journal works very well at informing me what my child needs to accomplish nightly and I have the opportunity to make comments in it that the teacher can read and reply to. I appreciate that my children are learning conversational Spanish, practically by immersion and I feel it will benefit them greatly, later when they attempt to find employment. I haven t seen this since I attended school in south Florida. I must also say that my wife and I both attended on an average at least one different school each grade year and we both managed to graduate and go on to college. With this experience I can say I ve seen many poorly managed schools with staff that were attempting to control classes of more than thirty children but still trying to squeeze a little knowledge into each child each day. I m very happy that Irving is a Title 1 school. I know the faculty has only my children s success in mind.

Posted May 29, 2008
We have loved being at irving Elementary. It is a school with every type of student and exceeded my expectations tremendously. They have been very good about keeping the parents informed and involved through out the year and they have an AMAZING staff...GO TIGERS!

Posted October 24, 2007
Irving elementary is a whole new school, it has improved so much since the new school was built.

Posted July 19, 2005
This is a school with a very dedicated staff. It has a low SES, high monirity student population, and it is a TEA Recognized School.

Irving Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2005
I do not consider this school to be of great quality. The test scores are below average. I have noticed a great deal of the teachers do not encourage the hispanic students to speak english. The percentage for non english speaking students is high and shows no sign of improving. I feel other students are being held to a slower pace because the non english speaking students cannot keep up. I believe it takes up too much class time to try and teach every lesson in english and spanish. This has no chance in improving untill the students are at least encouraged to speak english instead of being catered to by spanish speaking teachers.

Irving Elementary School
345 Hix Road, Cleburne, TX  76031
Last modified Irving Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Irving Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top