College Station, TX

Posted September 17, 2014
A&M Consolidated has been an absolutely wonderful experience for my children and for me and my husband. I have a senior and a sophomore currently enrolled at AMCHS, and I cannot say enough positive comments about the staff members and the programs that my students have experienced. They are both involved in multiple sports and extra-curricular activities, and they are also enrolled in many Pre-AP, AP, and Honors classes. Their teachers and coaches are unbelievably supportive and helpful. They also have access to a multitude of career and technology and fine arts classes that have given them experience in real-life skills. The high expectations of the principal and administrative staff allow for the students to enjoy a spirited but safe environment. If I could give six stars, or ten, I would!

Posted April 17, 2014
We moved our daughter here in the middle or her Junior year. The school, teachers, and counselors have been great. She graduates this year. We have been pleased with the transition.

A & M Cons High School 1

Posted May 29, 2013
Honestly, I absolutely hated going to Consol. There's obviously a lot of under-the-table-type deals going on, because half of the kids in AP and Honors classes really don't deserve to be there. There are, unfortunately, very few teachers that are actually actively invested in what their students learn. For the most part, most of the teachers seem like they aren't satisfied with their jobs. There isn't a lot of true learning going on; it's more like memorization. Also, the sports programs are obviously valued over the fine arts; upgrades are made to the football program every year, whereas many of the art teachers had to pay out of pocket for us to have usable supplies. Overall, I wouldn't recommend going here if you have the choice.

A & M Cons High School 3

Posted February 10, 2013
While Consol is a highly regarded school if your child is not on a team, in AP or in the "right crowd" they will definitely fall through the cracks. It is a very competitive school. I will place my children in a smaller school where they will be able to be included in school activities because they are willing to try not because they are in all the right clubs. The stresses both of my children have endured while being at this school is not worth keeping them there. It is sad how many of the kids at this school have depression, family problems or drug and alcohol problems and no one seems to notice or care. My kids have lots of friends from just about every click there is and most of the kids are accepting of other kids but there is a lot of drama. I will say that the teachers are very supportive of my kids and they do their best but there are just so many students I can see why they are overwhelmed and can only do so much. Sometimes bigger is not better.

Posted May 16, 2011
My daughter is graduating from Consol and my son is about to enter. It is a very challenging academic high school with more AP classes than any student can take. To be in the top 10%, a student has to have a GPA above 4.0, meaning that they are required to take honors or AP classes. They also have a good music program, many competitve sports, and many clubs. Many of the teachers routinely are available before and after school for help. As anywhere, a few teachers are less than stellar, particularly since the bright students can be intimidating. There are 3 tracts, regular, honors, and AP so that a student can be placed in the appropriate level of classes. They also have everything from FFA to construction science. The main drawback is that it is overcrowded, but a new school will open in one year to alleviate this, and will even offer a culinary program. I volunteer in the school a lot, as do many parents.

Posted May 16, 2011
I am an alum of A&M Consolidated and highly recommend this school. The education and teachers are top notch. The school is very challenging academically but this prepared me incredibly well for college (and I didn't even take any of the AP classes that are offered!! I only took Honors or "regular" classes). I can't say enough about how much the teachers and principals care. This is an excellent school with the caliber that you would normally find in a larger market but happens to be in a somewhat smaller town with a great sense of community. I highly recommend College Station and could not imagine a better place to grow up or a better high school to attend.

Posted July 28, 2010
I'm a Consolidated alumnus, and I can only talk good things about it. This high school changed my perspective on many life issues, and taught me how to be an excellent leader. I was very involved with the high school, so I really got everything out of it. I had an amazing experience, and I was always challenged by my teachers to become the first person I could be. I highly recommend to mostly take Honors, Pre-AP, and AP classes. Regular classes tend to be for the slackers.

A & M Cons High School 4

Posted February 18, 2010

Posted March 25, 2009

A & M Cons High School 0

Posted January 15, 2009
i attended consolidated. it is a rich preppy school, but it was some of the best years of my life. very cultured and diverse, and quite safe. awesome sports program and plenty of academic challenges available including AP courses for college. awesome

A & M Cons High School
1801 Harvey Mitchell Parkway South, College Station, TX  77840
Last modified A & M Cons High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A & M Cons High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top