College Station, TX

Southwood Valley Elementary School 2

Posted November 30, 2013
We researched the schools before relocating here. It seemed to be a great school. Registration was great. After starting school both my children in 1st and 3rd grade have had problems with teachers and students. My daughter was poked in the eye by another student requiring doctors care. My son the next week had been spit on, shoved into a metal pole and hit by students. I have had no calls from any teacher or adult letting me know of these occurrences. I had to call and ask about it, and then was told it had happened. My son started having night terrors and does not want to return to school there. There is no parent involvement with homework or any projects. I feel the teachers have too many students to handle. I was yelled at by the principle for driving in the bus area (in which I did not know was the bus area we had just moved here and it was not clearly marked). I just don't feel this is a caring school.

Posted March 12, 2013
We just moved here recently and researched all the schools in the area for several months before moving. SWV was on the top of my list of schools we wanted and I am very pleased. Our teacher this year is amazing! Others have told me that their teachers are great also. So far, I'm very happy with this school!

Posted August 16, 2005
We just moved away from College Station. We had three children who attended Southwood Valley over 6 years. It is a wonderful school. The principal, Mrs. Bell, is so positive and really 'has it all together'. I think mostly due to her excellent administration, the teachers are very happy and supported. The teachers in each grade level work together as a team. Even though it is a pretty large school, Southwood Valley feels like a family. There is plenty of parental involvement. My children have each received individual attention to their specific needs. We have been so thankful to have been at this school!

Posted August 02, 2005
Southwood Valley is a wonderful school! The teachers are wonderful and very helpful. My child really enjoyed his five years there!

Posted October 08, 2004
We are in Year 2 (1st Grade) at this school, and I am very pleased with Southwood Valley Elementary. As we plan to purchase our first home, we find our opinion greatly affected by whether our children will be able to attend Southwood Valley if they live in the neighborhood of the home that we are considering. Would we pass on a particular home if it meant that our children could no longer attend this great school? Probably! Our child's teachers have been great instructors who are teaching their students more than their parents learned in these grades, and the kids are well able to learn the material. Since the kids are not necessarily more intelligent than their parents were at this age, it must be in their preparation and instruction that this advantage lies.

Posted September 01, 2004
I would like to say that SWV is a tremdous school. I have been a SWV parent for 7 years. Headstart to 4th grade. I also have a 3rd grader too. My children love this school. They are proud to go to Southwood Valley Elementary. They are proud Little Eagles. All the staff members are very pleasant to everyone. It is also wonderful to volunteer there. I volunteer as often as I can. It is a great atmosphere for parents, students, and staff. Thank you Southwood Valley for being so wonderful. We love you.

Posted July 25, 2003
Excelent school... My children attended the school for two years (1996-1997) and although they were not american citizens and they did not speak English at the moment they entered the school, they learned a lot. Right now, in my country (Venezuela), they are perfectly bilinguals and with a good overall educational performance.

Southwood Valley Elementary School
2700 Brothers Boulevard, College Station, TX  77845
Last modified Southwood Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwood Valley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top