College Station, TX

Pebble Creek Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2013
Completely agree with the poster before me who said the teachers are laid back. That is so true. Lately, a significant number of families who have good students are moving to the areas serviced by elementary schools like Forest Ridge, Greens Prairie, Creek View and Rock Prairie. The primary reason is those elementary school students will end up in the vastly superior College Station High School while Pebble Creek students will get clubbed with students from not-so-great schools at A&M Consolidated.

Pebble Creek Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2013
My child goes to this school currently. When we moved to College Station, I heard it was a great school and I essentially bought a house in this neighborhood so that my child can go to this school. But my experience has not met my expectations. I must say that this school does not motivate bright and gifted students to excel. Everything is about achieving at an average level which for bright students is equivalent to "dumbing down". If you are quite content with Texas A&M University's standards and have no particular inclination for your kid to aim for Harvard/Princeton/Stanford type universities, then Pebble Creek is fine for you. If you have a really bright kid, you will need to have him/her in other supplementary programs or spend a lot of time with him/her at home on academics in order to have him/her excel. There is a huge variance in quality of teachers. While some are quite good and challenge the kids to improve, most essentially don't do much. With the state of the education system in Texas, the principal has to spend more time on fund-raising than concentrating on academics.

Pebble Creek Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2012
My son attended this school for four years, and my daughter is currently enrolled...but probably not for much longer. The administration is tearing Pebble Creek up. Teachers are begging to be moved. Parents are taking kids out. We will probably be leaving even though we live down the street. I would rather pay money to a private school and drive across town to go somewhere that teachers WANT to be. I believe it probably USED to be a good school, but sadly, that is no longer the case. The school district needs to change the administration if they want to keep kids there. There are some great teachers there, but it is too hard to have a good teacher if you aren't labeled as gifted and talented.

Pebble Creek Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2012
It is unforturate that Pebble Creek buses children in with severe behavior problems as my son is consistantly bullied by them and he is the one punished. Bullying is a big problem. I know families who have pulled their children from this school due to bullying and now I am facing that same reality.

Posted August 08, 2011
My biggest concern moving into a new town was sending my children to a new school. But Pebble Creek Elementary was an answer to my prayers. My children were immediately welcomed by warm, capable teachers. And the nework of parents is amazing. Turns out, my biggest fear became one of my kids' greatest blessings!

Posted August 08, 2011
This is by far the best school for elementary aged children in the city! My two childeren attended Pebble Creek, and they have excelled in every school they have attended since. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and this includes office, administration, and teachers. My children are now at Oakwood and AMCMS, and they have had excellent experiences at all three schools.

Pebble Creek Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2010
It is unfortunate that at-risk kids with severe behavior problems are bused to Pebble Creek as this has to become the focus of teachers and it greatly takes away from the average to above average students getting any one on one time with a teacher.

Pebble Creek Elementary School 3

Posted October 15, 2009

Posted April 19, 2008

Pebble Creek Elementary School 4

Posted April 22, 2005

Pebble Creek Elementary School
200 Parkview Drive, College Station, TX  77845
Last modified Pebble Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pebble Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top