Posted November 04, 2013
I have three children in CES, we have been in this school for 4 years and we love our school. To address the low marks below: My oldest was prone to throat infections, missed 15 days in one year, and we turned in doctors excuses. We received a warning letter from the STATE OF TEXAS. I took it to school & was told that she was maintaining schoolwork, so it was not a problem. My youngest was adopted from Guatemala, and started speech at CES when 3 yrs old. We loved working with Mrs. Sweat. By the end of kindergarten he had overcame all of his issues and completed his speech program. She also worked with my daughter on normal speech issues. There are age appropriate speech development standards (th, r, etc and when children should master them), and when my daughter reached 2nd grade they added speech for the year, and mastered her issue before school was out. A very active PTA buys library books, iPads, etc and sponsor teacher education and student activities. The school uses the Rachel's Challenge bullying program and the kids REALLY love it, and are bully conscientious. No school or it's students and teachers will every be perfect, but this really is a great school.

Posted April 17, 2013
We have just relocated to the area from New York and our major concern was finding the right elementary school for our daughters. We feel so lucky to have chosen CES. We have 2 children, 10 and 7 years old. Our 10 year old has special needs. Therefore, it was very important to find the right place for all of her needs. Everyone at CES has gone out of their way to make us feel at home and of course provide the most excellent services, therapy and education for both daughters. They love it and the transition mid-year has been one of the best experiences. The principal and vice principal are the most dedicated administrators I have ever encountered. They truly care and involved in every aspect of the school. The teachers are exceptional, especially the Special Needs Staff. We absolutely love it and look forward to many years of education at CES.

Posted August 12, 2012
I have 2 children at CES. I've had pretty good experiences at this school. The teachers are fantastic (Mrs. Maddox, Mrs. Grant) and the leadership at the school (Mrs. Richland the principal, Mrs. Farager the v-principal) are truly fantastic. I was there one day when there was a tornado headed our way and their level heads, calm demeanor and preparedness made me feel like my kids were in good hands. The teachers care and if anything, they're held back by some of the lack of funds and Texas state rules around public education. To the parents complaining about getting in trouble for their kids being tardy - get them there on time. When you're late - you're a distraction to to others. My kids missed more than 3 days last year due to sickness and we didn't get in trouble for that. You just have to provide a doctors note. GREAT school. GREAT teachers. Execellent community. Very happy with CES.

Colleyville Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2012
I totally agree with needing help with speech therapy. We were told the Same to us about our son. The absence policy is a joke. Kids come to school sick and make others sick because parents are afraid they'll get a notice and have to send kids to Saturday school, formissing 3 days for the year. That policy is from gcisd !!The curriculum is poor, discipline is awful. Went to private and son is thriving in all areas.

Colleyville Elementary School 1

Posted February 13, 2012
My younger son has speech difficulties. When I requested speech therapy services, my son and I were treated with both horrifiying intimidation tactics and infuriating disrespect. Inappropriate "eligibility labels" were forced upon us and my input in the ARD/IEP process was ignored. I have my child in private school where he isnow thriving. BTW, my older child is enrolled in CES and we were sent to truancy court last school year for having 3 absences and 7 tardies. I consider that harrassment. Shame on CES.

Posted September 16, 2009

Colleyville Elementary School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
The teachers are wonderful!

Posted July 05, 2008

Posted March 07, 2008

Colleyville Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2007
My daughters teacher is Mrs Maddox. She is absolutely wonderful. I could not have pick a better teacher for my child. I do wish that Colleyville elementary offered more activities after school for the children like sports or something like that. They don't offer anything for the kindergartners. I would love it if they had like a soccer team, softball team or something like that. Loretta Ross the principal is great. She's very approachable and easy to talk to. Loretta seems very concerned about the children and just does a fabulous job. I'm so glad my child goes to Colleyville elementary.

Colleyville Elementary School
5911 Pleasant Run Road, Colleyville, TX  76034
Last modified Colleyville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colleyville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.