Colleyville Middle School 1

Posted October 03, 2014
My son attended this school for 3 years and my daughter, one. My son struggled in several of his classes and could never get the time nor attention that he needed. I finally had to go to the principal, because one teacher in particular, would never respond to my emails or phone calls. Now that he is out of there, he is thriving with A's and B's. My daughter had a better experience academically but had a teacher that would call her and her class mates "stupid" in class. She would also swear at them. My daughter was also bullied and was miserable. We moved and she couldn't wait to get out of there.

Posted July 03, 2013
As a former student, I attended CMS 6th through 8th grade so I attended here from August 2000 to May 2003. I participated in Cheerleading, PE (6th grade you have to), Track & Field, Volleyball, Basketball and all the Pre-AP programs. All of the teachers were average to excellent (I'm sure if you asked me back then my opinion was more whiny and I would have mentioned some petty problems). Yes there is bullying by 'mean girls' and though it did hurt my feelings...I assume it was pretty average/standard middle school drama. I was safe at school (no guns/knives) and the teachers were respectful and "caring" enough. The Colleyville area in general is phenomenal and if I had the opportunity I would definitely have my kids grow up in Colleyville. It has some rich community issues (a few snobs) but they are better than dealing with gangs & poor education. Great school district overall and I am very happy with my experience. I highly recommend CMS and CHHS to those considering it. I am glad we moved there when I was in 3rd grade through graduation. The smurf blue could be reevaluated though! Ha! PE sweats are all royal blue and so is the gym floor...tacky lol

Posted August 23, 2011
As a parent of two former CMS students, I find it hard to believe that a judgement was made based on one day of school. I have had a very challenging student and an average student and both were treated with respect and as growing young adults. The first day of school is difficult for everyone--teachers, staff, students and parents. Perhaps a little parental tolerance and open-mindedness is needed. If there is true cause for concern as the school year progresses, address your issues to the school administration and not on an open forum where there is no chance to correct the situation.

Colleyville Middle School 1

Posted August 22, 2011
As a parent I am not at all impressed with CMS. The staff is rude, they seem more concerned with teaching children "their" morals than the core subjects. If you are not a WASP you child will be treated badly at this school. Unfortunately the bully's are not roaming the halls they are the staff.

Colleyville Middle School 2

Posted May 09, 2011
I go to CMS, and I can't wait to go to CHHS next year. Maybe it's just me, but I have had many problems with the teachers at this school. Most of the teachers like to compare you to other students and/or your siblings that have gone there. I've had a few good teachers over the years, but most of the teachers are rude and only focus on TAKS scores and athletics. Oh, and the athletics at CMS are definitely not the best. Everyone says, "If you're not first you're Colleyville!" It's a below average school.

Posted October 15, 2010
CMS is an excellent school and GCISD is a generally solid school district. Teachers are above average in all areas and tend to be very flexible and easy to communicate with in general. Obviously you will also have your challenges here and there but the administration staff is excellent to deal with. The Principals in both schools have been excellent to deal with. Extra bonuses like being able to study in specific course work during stretch reduce the homework loads and stress for the students. Parent involvement is well above average throughout the entire school district from what we have experienced so far. Our son went to OC Taylor, currently attends CMS, and will go to CHHS. As with any organization there are flaws but they are not worthy of degrading the overall quality of the school and education the children receive.

Posted May 18, 2010
We can hardly wait to get to CMS. We LOVE this district, we are all like a family. We cant wait to merge our happy children & enjoy all the positive things we've heard about its leadership & curriculum. The boys from CMS in our neighborhood constantly praise their athletic department & band. We are all so excited. I must say we were disappointed with one thing @ CMS, the volunteer "VP" from Welcome night. She said that "OC Taylor moms" would be placed on a call list if any positions came available because "her BES moms" already had it all covered. She literally embarrassed us,CMS, PTA but mostly herself.We went ahead& signed up. But don't worry "OCT Moms". We've been assured that all parents & kids from the merging schools will equally be included because this lady has been asked to step down. Good times & memories ahead for all!!!

Posted May 16, 2010
After being @ CMS for 4 years, I too want to say how much we love this school. The teachers & staff have always been friendly and respectful to our children & parents. It is a great place for learning. I too have served in many different capacities with the PTA & enjoyed it thoroughly. However, this years volunteer coordinator wasnt as welcoming to our new comers as previous VP. She did tend to lean to a particular group of friends. I tried making a request for more inclusion and responsibilities for the new comers without success. Without these hard working and dedicated parents willing to step up, our children and teachers would suffer. I hope things will improve on that front. Thanks to all of you that were allowed to help. We are so sad to leave you CMS but you have prepared us for our next road to GHS!

Posted March 07, 2009
I love Colleyville Middle School! The school spirit is everywhere you go. Also, the extracurricular activities are very fun. The best part about this school is the teachers, they are the nicest teachers I have ever had! It's sad when you leave this wonderful school to go to High School.

Posted December 11, 2008
This is the best middle school in the district! The rules are not too strict, but they are enforced well by teachers and students too! CMS rules! P.S.-Our band is awesome too! There are no such people as band geeks here.

Colleyville Middle School
1100 Bogart Drive, Colleyville, TX  76034
Last modified Colleyville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colleyville Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top