Bad
Good

We are just finishing up our daughters first year at this school (kinder) and couldn't be more happy!! The staff and children are great. The parents are all very involved. So happy with this school!

Bransford is a wonderful place to be. I have been here for six years, from K-5th, and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Our children are cared for right from the very beginning. The teachers in each level are great and work so well together to make each year distinct and educational. Dr. Hodges is the best. Always there to talk to if you need to and very accessible, as well as anyone there. If others have issues, then they need to look inside of themselves. If you are not doing your part to communicate with your teachers and administrators on your own, you need to grow up! You are the adult and need to act like one. It is your responsibility to ask questions and work to help your child, not the school to pamper you. Make an appointment, talk to your teacher, and be the parent you are supposed to be!

I was very excited to attend Bransford, however I was immediately struck by the lack of communication. I am a new Kindergarten parent and I basically had no clue what was going on the first week of school. I can easily get past communication. The thing I can't get past is the total lack of respect from teachers to students. I have seen some very questionable things at this school. A third grade teacher yelling over a third grade boy as he was hunched over and was crying, a teacher pulling a kindergarten child out in front of two classes and pointing out that he was the reason a class was not allowed to go first, constant yelling from certain teachers, adults making children feel small and insecure. I know that no child is perfect and I have seen some of these kids with horrible behavior but I expect a educated experienced teacher to handle these things correctly. I expect teachers to be role models and set examples of respect by giving respect. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

This school has an awesome Kindergarden teachers. They above and beyond their duty when it comes to this little children. Making sure that everyone gets a fair and equal chance with everything they do. My child comes home everyday happy and excited to tell me about her day. Her teacher teaches them how behaving good things can from it while misbehaving has its' downsidel

The best kept secret in Colleyville. Even under a budget crunch the school and staff are amazing. As a parent- I know that not every teacher will be the perfect teacher but, Bransford Elementary has a very high percentage of amazing and committed teachers. They have taken on the new curriculum that is project based learning and it has engaged my children completely. We are so thankful to have Bransford.

One of my kids had to listen to inappropiate language from a frustrated teacher, the kids are not really academically challenged and they just try so hard to make everything fun insated of creating learning experiences. We are very desappointed!!!

The school campus provides a safe, learning environment for the students. It has a computer lab and a library. Cleanliness can be improved as cockroach(es) was spotted in the girl's bathroom and hallway. The student homework is too few. Two/three pages of homework for the entire week do not allow the students to practice the concepts learned in the classroom.

Dr. Hodges and the teachers under her literally saved my granddaughter who has dyslexia. She is now in NJHS at CMS and often returns to BES to visit with the staff whom she loves. My grandson is in 3rd grade at BES, knows nothing of the alledged bullying and and loves BES. I have substituted at many GCISD elementary schools and never have I seen the level of nurturing that is at BES. When I am at BES I often see Dr. Hodges out of her office keeping an eye on the school. Dr. Hodges is fantastic and so is BES staff. We are so lucky to have DR. Hodges.

Life is about accountability &BES is to help develop it. BES can do no more than shape fundamental character of the child that has been molded&held accountable by a responsible parent(s).To sight parents as the problems, you conveniently VACATED responsibility & accountability of the child that entire education system rest on. You' ve deflected the issue directly to parents rather the children who at every hour must learn self control safe&respectful decision at the very least minimal social skills that will make them competitive &survivable in life.I don t know of a single child that doesnt strive in their heart to develop&grow all these things.The "Village" you refer means an organized &accountable system that supports baseline childhood goals.If BES doesnt meet &maintain this duty,2/3 of our children s chances for minimum success are squandered.BES village exist for one focus: safe social,cognitive& physical development of its client. The pupil

My girls attended Bransford Elementary while Dr. Hodges was principal. The great thing about her was the way she always put the students first. It saddens me to read these comments from some of these other parents. It takes a Village. Are these parents doing their part to solve the problems? When my girls were there, we had no problems with the teachers (the same teachers that are still there today.) They were always available to help our girls learn and have a positive day. And now that my daughters are older, I still live in the boundries of Bransford where I listen to some of the kids on our block say good things about their teachers and the principal. Are the students having a problem or are the parents having a problem?

Last modified Bransford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.