Posted March 12, 2014
Heritage Middle School went downhill. When I went there, the teachers all seemed like they had something better to do than do their jobs. In 6th grade language arts, often we would only watch movies. In 7th grade the teacher quit and we had so many subs we never learned anything. In 8th grade math I didn't understand a concept and the teacher basically said she couldn't help me because of her private life, when I went to the other teacher during stampede and asked if she could help me she yelled at me because I didn't have her and told me to leave. While HMS has plenty of clubs, the teachers all seem like they could care less about their jobs.

Heritage Middle School 2

Posted March 08, 2014
First off teachers are very rude! When you ask a question they often say "well you went listening, so figure it out" or "be quiet". I believe teachers should be helpful. Also they don't fix anything they say they will fix. There has been several bully incidents with teachers and other students. When you go and tell the principal or councilors they do nothing about it. The coaches are very strict, it's either they're way or no way! My daughter really wanted to be in athletics , but they said no because she didn't dress out a few times. She also tried out for the cheer team both years and did not make it either year, even though she's on a competitive cheer team. My daughter was miserable the kids they're are very anti - social. She had no friends. You have to carry your stuff around all day, because the welded shut the lockers(they thought there would be illegal activity in them) you also can only bring a string backpack. This is not enough to carry all your stuff .If you have to please choose a different school.

Heritage Middle School 3

Posted February 16, 2014
I am a parent of a 6th grader, and I don't think I can recommend this school. He is miserable. The lack of concern for the kids and the amount of homework tells me that it is a testing factory and not a school of inspiration and true learning. I see the kids when they leave and they are all standing there with these blank stares on their faces. I see no joy and my son is uninspired. His grades have dropped and he's overwhelmed with all the work he has to bring home every night. It's upper class community vibe is alive and well and the kids are learning these lessons early from their parents. The lockers have been welded shut (they say due to maintenance issues) but it's a verrryyy wealthy school system so we all know it's because they are afraid of kids bringing guns. The kids literally have to carry their belongings with them to every class, it's ridiculous. My son asked to speak to a counselor about a schedule adjustment and he said he doesn't have an assigned counselor (huge red flag for me), and he was basically sent back to as soon as he sat down. He will not miss anything about this school when we leave it.

Posted January 12, 2014
This is a very good school. It offers many extra activities (Band, Technology Education, Choir, Art, Athletics, Debate, Theatre, Spanish, Student Council, Math and Science Team, Yearbook, Dance, and more). It also offers bus transportation and a parking lot for parent transportation. This school also excels academically as students have a choice of 3 different levels and there are tutors for failing students. Teachers are very helpful and get their job done. It has an above-average physical education program (two gyms, and a weight room). Students run everyday and go to the weight room occasionally, and run a mile monthly. They also have lessons that address important things (anti-smoking, anti-alcohol) which students attend with parental permission. There is a dance unit, volleyball unit, and basketball unit. The electives are very fun, with a wide choice of instruments for Band, and wide choice of stations for Technology Education. Vocal lessons are also available for Choir. The school meals are also nutricious, affordable, and with a wide choice of options. They are also easy to pay online. Overall, this is a great school.

Posted March 06, 2011
I'm a parent and believe leadership and accountability are both missing at this school. Consequently, I'm researching private schools to enroll my child in for next year. After reading the post below, I'm also concerned that teaching isn't happening. Improper use of there versus their versus they're. Sentence structure lacking. No capitalization and punctuation. It's the same issues I'm correcting at home but are receiving passing grades at this school.

Posted February 28, 2010
im in 7th grade and to tell you the truth this school fails epicly its stupid okay so they only give you 4 mins to get to class i know how crappy is that. okay another thing the teachers are biboler i swear one minute there handing out lolipops and being nice and then bam there cutting your throat because you accidently fell out of your chair.and another thing the absence policies are soooo stupid if you miss more than 15 days of school even with a permission slip or doctors note you have to do 3 hour detentions (3hr=1 day absent)until its back under 15. i just recomend not sending your kid here unless you want to here griping and complaining all the time.

Posted January 03, 2010

Heritage Middle School 4

Posted July 31, 2009
i go to heritage middle and i am in the 7th grade it is okay most of the teachers are nice they have awesome extracirricular activities we need to have more organized assemblies about how the day will go and reminders i hate when kids steal stuff and dont return it. it makes me mad because our parents bought it for us.i think we also need more time to get to class. the staff does need to be a little more organized the abscence policies stink.

Posted March 18, 2009
AMAZING School -- caring teachers, positive leadership -- I wouldn't want my child anywhere else BTY -- absence policies are set by the state, not the schools or the district. Get your kid to school!

Posted February 09, 2009

Heritage Middle School
5300 Heritage Avenue, Colleyville, TX  76034
Last modified Heritage Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top