Colleyville, TX
Students enrolled: 2,258

Colleyville Heritage High School 4

Posted January 18, 2014
Great school that really prepares students for college. It provides great opportunity for anyone that wants it. Students are accepted to the Ivy League. Regarding the counseling office, those women run around crazy trying to respond to everything from misdirected phone calls about parents who want to drop off something with their kid to 30k schedule changes because their college-bound student doesn't like their lunch time. I always get a response but it's best to schedule a time instead of just showing up. All these people work with is The Entitled. If you can focus on school and not the culture, it's a great place.

Posted December 18, 2012
My grandson graduated in 2012 from Heritage & took all AP classes. Before Christmas break of his Sr year, he was accepted at the University of Arkansas' Engineering School, at instate tuition rates based on a gpa of over 3.5 out of 5.0 and his SAT score. My granddaughter is a Sophmore at this school and maintains all A-B's. Yes, there are a few teachers that are a "let down", like in all schools but, overall, US News ranked them 417 out of 22,000 US High Schools in the nation and 37th in Texas, out of 1,842 TX high schools, which included Charter Schools. For the few who did not give this school good reviews, it's possible that the problem could also be with the student (or the parent). When you have a graduating class (2012) of over 550 students and their combined scholarship awards are over $26 MILLION for the class, apparently they know what they are doing. Their State exit exams & scores on AP courses, rank them 99% in reading and 97% in math. One third of their seniors ranked as exemplary and out of 536 students tested, 62% received Commended Performance, 37% received Met Standard. Only 1% of their school did not meet standards.

Posted February 16, 2012
Great school. As far as the counselor comments, yes due to the size of the school there isn't an immediate response but i have received responses and support. I've had 2 children go through CHHS and both were well prepared for college. In fact, I've had the admissions office from a top college comment that CHHS is well known for preparing kids for college and requiring more than the minimum standards for their students.

Colleyville Heritage High School 2

Posted November 18, 2011
It was during the first meeting for parents of incoming freshman,that my husband and I were a bit concerned. We were amazed when we heard the principal, Mrs. Prentice and the counselors tell parents that each counselor was very busy, as they have many students to deal with.She also said that since the counselors were so busy with seniors (it was spring) that we were not to call them with any high school class scheduling questions, which our students were expected to turn in at the end of the week.She told us to instead ask other parents of older students who she said would be our "best resource"..are you kidding me?That summer I made 5 phone calls to our son's counselor and sent 3 emails. Not until I called the superintendent's office did I receive a return call.At CHHS, the message that is continually sent to both students and parents is that your child is one many students, so don't expect to be treated as an individual.Our oldest daughter now attends a prestigious university with almost 50,000 students. Interesting that they make students feel valued and not just "one of many that must be dealt with".BTW, our son is in the top 12% of his class and also an athlete.Look elsewhere!

Posted July 07, 2011
That school is amazing. I didn't have any communication problems or financial. Problems out of of the school , coming out of a lower class house. They have many great teachers and many great counselors as well. I wasnt in the top 10% or bottom 10% and I can say that I got treated the exact same way as everyone else. I think that they should leave it to students that actually went to the school to comment, because parents only see what goes on from the outside. Compared to alot of districts around the area its one of the best.

Posted July 06, 2011
This school has it all. Great facilities, great faculty, excellent extra curricular activites and athletics, great school! This school also offers challenging academic programs such as AP classes which can reward students with college credit.

Colleyville Heritage High School 1

Posted May 27, 2011
Disappointment - The counseling department is worthless unless your child falls in the top 10% or the bottom 10%. And don't expect any help if your child has a learning disability not covered by an IEP or 504. The administration is indecisive, and springs changes at the drop of a hat. Students do not know what is going on for special schedules (i. e., TAKS testing days, finals, etc.) until day before OR the day of. Communication with parents is sketchy at best. Worse if you child has senior release. I am very disappointed in the administration and lack of leadership in this school. Education is geared towards the top and bottom 10% and the average student is just expected to pass the standardized tests and get out. Should have moved to a different district where it is about the kids, not the money that they bring in. Will not be subjecting my younger child to this school.

Posted November 30, 2009

Posted October 16, 2009
This school is exceptional for my child. A great enviornment and great teachers that actually teach you something.

Posted February 21, 2009

Colleyville Heritage High School
5401 Heritage Avenue, Colleyville, TX  76034
Last modified Colleyville Heritage High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colleyville Heritage High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top