PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school does not develop honesty, integrity, or fairness in it's students. If your child makes a mistake, all the parents are shaking their heads like you did something TERRIBLE. If you are different you WILL be bullied. COLLS is a not a Christian environment, and I wouldn't EVER recommend it.

When I first visited this school, I LOVED it. I quickly realized I didn't fit in. I was bullied like there was no end - If you are considering this school, don't. If your child has a learning disability (LD) then this school isn't right for you. Teachers immediately have "favorites" and then that pretty much determines how your year will go. I have a learning disability, and choosing COLLS was the worst mistake i've ever made. If your child has a learning difference, I recommend The Novus Academy located in Grapevine. Novus is truly one of the best schools in Texas! Check them out!

I was bullied because I was different. I had no friends. I told my teacher and they did not do one thing. I would never recommend this school after this experience.

My son and daughter have attended this school for two years now, and we are very impressed. The one-on-one attention and love each child is shown is amazing. Teachers attend continuous training that focuses on new instruction techniques, incorporating technology, and teaching to student-strengths. One of the things I have been most impressed with is how students are held accountable and taught responsibility. Even in the lower grades, they are taught to be independently responsible for their learning, behavior, and materials. I also like how the school groups all students (k-8) into "houses" for camaraderie, mentoring, service projects, and fun. It gives the little students a chance to see hang out with the cool big kids, and it helps the big kids understand the importance of leadership and being a role model. And most importantly, it reinforces the underlying feeling that the school is a family. The facility is also very impressive -- full sized gym, athletic field, playground, library, cafeteria, computer lab. And over all this is the presence of Christ-centered learning, where students see and feel God's love every day. Yes, I would highly recommend this school.

I am a former student and this school had a severe negative impact on my life. I was bullied because I was not like the rest of my peers, I was expressive of myself and would do my hair and makeup only to have the teachers & students tell me that it was ungodly because I wasnt focusing on inner beauty. Teachers & students also criticized trivial things like the fact I listened to secular music and that I had a cartilage piercing. After a few months I started having worsening depression and started self-harming because I was rejected for not being like my peers. At this point I wanted someone to help me so I went to a teacher to talk about the fact I was depressed & being bullied, the teacher told me me that depression was un-godly and caused by not having a strong enough faith in God and that the bullying was my fault because I didn't act the way a good christian should. I ended up being kicked out of the school for sharing my Experince of how they look down on self expression and individuality. I've been out of the school for quite some time now but I still have social anxiety & find it hard to make friends or trust people from the time I spent being constantly bullied and judged.

Crown of Life Lutheran School has been a wonderful school for my children! They love their teachers, friends and they know the Lord! What more could I ask for! Yes...the academics are superb, but that is just a bonus! The upper school has been a great experience for my older child, my younger one can't wait to get up there. The lock-in, the science, the community service, all super fun stuff that makes them LOVE school! We are soooo excited about the new Principle! Any of the past challenges that our school has faced will be undoubtedly be eradicated by this man. His experience and faith will lead this staff and school family to new heights. Can't wait to see where he takes us. I am confident that any issues discussed in the negative reviews will no longer exist! So sorry for those that had a poor experience, that truly is NOT the norm for this school but a few isolated instances that surely had a one sided review. Yes, we have had a high turnover rate, but that has mostly been due to families moving from the area or for financial reasons. Overall, this IS the best school in the area, I have looked, just to make sure, and will not be moving my children.

I'm an alum of COLLS, and it is a wonderful school! I attended 1st-8th grade, and it molded me into the person I am today. I enjoyed having smaller classes because I got to know everyone, and my teachers personally knew every student. I have so many great memories from COLLS! I learned so much spiritually, academically, socially, and athletically from attending COLLS. Two of my teachers from COLLS inspired me to be a teacher. I'm so blessed I have the opportunity to go there!

Crown of Life Lutheran School is an amazing school. This is our second year in the preschool program and my daughter has just flourished. I couldn't ask for a better school for my daughter to grow academically, spiritually and emotionally.

We are so grateful for the loving and christian atmosphere at Crown Of Life Lutheran School. Our children have flourished over the years. Developed lifelong friends and are doing excellent in high school. We give credit to the great teachers, curriculum and their faith in Jesus Christ.

Wow! The teachers at Crown of Life were put on this earth to teach children! It truly is a gift and a pleasure for these teachers to instruct and minister to their classes. I love the student/teacher ratio. My child gets personalized attention and this allows him to excel. At Crown of Life, everyone knows your name.

Last modified Crown of Life Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8