No rating

Christ Community School

Private | PK-6

Living in Conroe

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $230,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $950.

Posted August 7, 2014

This school used to be a wonderful school. We had four kids enrolled there. The first year the atmosphere was very personal and felt like a family. But after the first year the board started changing and the feel of the school is different. The focus is not so much Christ as it is getting bigger. The board has fired the principal and many of the teachers left because of it, which is unfortunate. As far as the education goes, we live in an area where the public schools are among the top in the nation so the curriculum at best rivals the public school. The music, art and Spanish teachers have all left so I'm not sure what sort of extracurricular activities will be offered, if any. They do have hot lunch, which is nice. They have cut their moms day out program, which was also disheartening. We have kept our youngest in PK this year but we'll have to see how the year goes so see if she'll stay the whole year. In all fairness, I need to say that the board is currently looking for a principal.

Posted October 7, 2013

This school is just amazing. Not only are they a year ahead of public school the learning atmosphere is one of caring. My husband put it best -" the teachers here actually care about the children and love what they are doing. They are not like those teachers we have encountered at public schools who feel entitled and are just there for a job." Love this place

Posted August 19, 2013

We absolutely love this school! The principal is so sweet and so are the teachers. The curriculum is a whole year ahead of other Christian schools in the area and definitely way ahead of public schools! My child could read in PK at CCS! It is a very friendly and welcoming school and we highly recommend it.

Posted May 29, 2013

CCS is a great school, great academics! the only concern in the assistant principal very sweet nice in person but overbearing underhanded indirectly proceed with caution.

Posted February 23, 2013

We absolutely love this school. The curriculum is at least a year ahead of public schools. We left for a year to try another christian school because it was a PK-12 school and ended up returning to Christ Community School because the curriculum was so much better. We highly recommend this school.

Posted September 21, 2012

The worst school , not recommend it at all , we had very bad experience at this school with my daughter

Posted January 17, 2012

My nephew went to CCS and it was the best experience for him because of the caring and wonderful staff he has grown tremendously!!!!! The academics are the best in Texas but most importantly they put our lord and Savior first in everything they teach!!!!! If you are lokking for a great school CCS is it!!!!!!! I just love the fact that this school puts God first in everything they do because of that it is a well rounded school!!!!!!! Hats off to the staff and leadership at CCS!!!!!!!

Posted January 17, 2012

My nephew has grown spiritually and academically because of his teachers and staff at CCS!!!! I am so thankful that he was able to attend CCS and learn so much about God and that he was challenged daily in his work through hands on activities!!!!! God is awesome and He is working to change lives at CCS!!!!!

Posted January 17, 2012

We are now in our 4th year at CCS - all 3 of our kids now attend and I couldn't ask for anything better. Some schools do 1 or 2 things really well but CCS does it ALL with excellence. My kids thrive in the loving environment that is created by staff, the small class sizes and the Godly instruction not to mention the challenging academics which is especially important for my gifted son. There is nothing more precious as a parent to have your children hiding God's word in their hearts and being taught how to apply it to their lives. Christ isn't just a name at this school, HIs character is taught and lived everyday.

Posted January 16, 2012

I searched for months for a private school that was well rounded and provided a broad spectrum of curricula for my bright 3 year old. After 6 months of attending this school, I am still very satisfied with my choice. My child is being taught Spanish, Music, PE, and Library in addition to the regular academics. Her attention span has greatly increased. She is writing all of her letters. She is also beginning to put letters together to form words. The teachers meet each morning to pray about the school. They are very kind and caring.

Posted January 15, 2012

We LOVE this school! The staff, teachers and principal are absolutely wonderful and you can feel the love that they have for the children and the school. The academics are advanced and the focus on Christ is evident on a daily basis. If you are looking for an excellent private school education at a reasonable price with a caring environment, you won't be disappointed!

Posted January 13, 2012

This is a great school with committed caring leadership, with a Christ first philosophy. Students are challenged by curriculum and the academic standard of excellence is set high. Teachers and staff genuinely care about the students and with small student teacher ratios, students are afforded opportunities they would not have access to in other schools. I highly recommend this school if you are looking for quality Christian education in a great environment.

Posted January 12, 2012

This school seems to struggle for growth only in quantity, not quality of education, focusing on marketing, fundraising... etc. There is nothing special for curriculum and instruction. Class activities are routine-based with too many drills and practices, which do not help students enhance their creative and logical skills. Most of teachers seem to be in the educational field for many years but adequate at best. My teacher was neither caring nor professional. I had horrible experiences there. Individual needs are not recognized or satisfied, which is expected from attending a private school. If you are looking for a small and affordable private school, think twice and make a wise choice!! It will end up being waste of money!!

Posted September 23, 2011

Top-notch school! Affordable (for a private school), yet the kids get a challenging curriculum taught in an environment tailored to help each child succeed. CCS is growing (for good reason!), so check with the school administration for current statistics (the stats posted here are already out-of-date). Students ARE the top priority at this school. I'd give them 50 stars if I could! The one (just one!) lower review took me by surprise. It is quite unusual to find anyone unhappy with this school. Since the reviewer didn't go into any specifics I can only assume they also did not communicate their concerns with the administration or teacher. Parent input is invited and welcomed by everyone at this school. They work as a team, not just with fellow staff and faculty, but with the students and parents as well to ensure every child is learning and developing their talents. Go visit Christ Community School. It is truly worth your consideration. I wrote a LOT of specifics about the wonderful things this school does, but I was way over the character limit allowed for these comments. I'd give this school 50 stars if I could. They really are that good. Best kept "secret" around!

Posted August 15, 2011

This school does not have student needs as their first priority! I am not the type to post comments about grievances, but I feel parents should be warned. I have a graduate degree in Education and must inform parents before they spend hard-earned money on this school. My child's teacher was adequate at best. The principal was only concerned with the school's financial needs, and my child suffered because of them. I highly caution you to make a wise choice and choose a different school.

Posted January 10, 2011

CCS is filled with some of the most caring, considerate, Christ seeking people we have ever been blessed to meet. Our 5th grader was new to this school and everyone made him feel like instant family. The curriculum is challenging and always provides an opportunity for the student to be stretched and experience a sense of achievement through hard work. There is something special in all of our children......CCS recognizes that and makes our child FEEL exactly how special he really is.

Posted April 24, 2010

This is a great school. The curriculum is a grade level ahead across the board. The students leave hre in 6th grade and enter into GT classes. The staff is wonderful. The principal is truly a God send.

Posted April 23, 2010

Have two students at CCS and it has been a great experience. Academically advanced like most private schools. Focused as well on spiritual growth - prayer, bible lessons, chapel, memorizing scripture. My third grader knows the bible better than most adult Christians. There's also plenty of the extras that people think they might miss at a small school. Music, Art, Spanish, Computer, field trips, contests, etc.. What we really cherish about this school is the loving environment. Is your child lost in a sea of first graders? How about a school where the principal, asst principal and all the teachers know your child's name? That's what you get at Christ Community School.

Posted October 10, 2009

Need more Stars! I'd give them 10 stars out of 5! And they teach pre-K through 6th grade, not just 5th. Exceptional school; warm, caring staff; great teachers, able to teach to the students' abilities and learning styles; outstanding principal. Rigorous academic curriculum, yet taught so well students pick it up easier than less ambitious curricula at more expensive schools. Happy students, great fostering of creativity, great example of teaching Christianity by living what they preach. The students are the top priority here, not fancy surroundings or snooty attitudes. There is a dress code, but it is realistic, affordable, and focused on the comfort and safety of the students more than an unvarying adherence to a uniform appearance. If you want your kids to excel while enjoying learning then this is the school for you.

Posted June 1, 2009

Wonderful school with caring teachers and staff. My son started there in kindergarten and just finished 1st grade. It's been a very positive experience for him, not just academically, but socially & spiritually as well. I highly recommend this school!

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 4%

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Bernadette Lentini
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (936) 273-5858

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious