Conroe, TX
Students enrolled: 3,387

Oak Ridge High School 4

Posted September 16, 2014
The school is Above average. We are currently one of the highest test scoreing school in the state. The school is great and is welcoming but dont kid yourself. This is highschool. Not a fantasy

Posted May 13, 2014
Don't be fooled by the staff's "cute friendly southern hospitality" act you get at orientation. I came to this school hoping I'd really like it. At orientation, we were told that there would be a new student lunch table where all the new kids could eat lunch together and get to know each other. There wasn't. As a matter of fact, on the first day of school when I asked where it was, the lady laughed in my face. I've seen teachers cuss students out, humiliate them, and another tell one they had no future except flipping burgers at McDonald's. Most of the students are pretty friendly, but the staff definitely focuses more on disciplining kids than actually giving them an education. I did have some really nice teachers, but others were just too short tempered and negative.

Posted February 06, 2014
Unfortunately I have a son and daughter that are zoned to this school. Both are on 504 plans with a ADHD diagnosis. I have found that the teachers and staff working with the students to help them on this plan show no concern or support. One of the counselors even made a comment to me that my daughter was lazy and irresponsible. I have had the worst experience when it comes to trying to work with the teachers on grades, etc. Emails and or phone calls are not returned by my students teachers when I try to follow up on grades, assigents, etc. My two teenagers have asked to move several times, and we are now waiting. It's unfortunate, because my oldest son graduated from this school 4 years ago, and I was hoping to make it a tradition for my other 3. It seems the school staff has gone down since then.

Posted November 19, 2011
This school is absolutely terrible. I hate this school with every fiber of my being. Im a senior, been here since kindergarten, played football all thru jr high and high school, was in the band, and I try very hard in all of my classes. That being said, here are my observations: the teachers are terrible, they are just there for their paychecks and don't care if the students pass. The sports are all horrific. They all lose every game or event they participate in. The environment is absurd, the amount of drugs that circulate around this school would baffle even the most experienced school. If you care about your child, and want them to have a great high school experience,....send them anywhere but here.

Posted June 28, 2011
I don't really like this school as a parent. There is way to much drugs circulating the school. Also the school A/C tends fail every now and then.

Oak Ridge High School 2

Posted May 28, 2011
Very disappointed in the school. I am on this site because of it. I am now searching for a private or a charter school for my daughter. I think the school is great for students who make straight A's, but for the average student who floats between honor roll and a C in one or two classes, they will fall through cracks without some SERIOUS persistence and involvement from parents. One year you may have good teachers and a good school counselor, another year horrible teachers and a horrible counselor. It's kind of up to chance at this school, but if you're the gambling type...

Posted October 25, 2010
I am absolutely disgusted with this school. Don't let them tell you lies about how this school has "strong leadership" and "excellent principals and teachers" because i guarantee your child will either hate this school, or have trouble here. I am an EXCELLENT student an Oak Ridge High just isn't the school for me, But I must say they are academically supported pretty well, But the environment is horrifying!

Oak Ridge High School 5

Posted June 29, 2010
Oak Ridge is the best high school in the county. Mr. Johnson and staff make parents feel welcome, students feel responsible and teachers feel dedicated. I have two areas of concern. One is the lack of technology in areas besides vocational classes and two is the condition of the older areas of the school. The new and refurbished areas are great but other areas need some TLC. Paint, new grout and new carpet would make a huge difference. When kids feel good about their school, they are more eager to attend. Cosmetic changes, especially in the bathrooms, are needed. Oak Ridge is CISD's middle-class school: not poor enought to receive Title 1 funds and not new enough (or powerful enough) to get much-deserved attention. My family members are in several county high schools and none come close to providing the well-rounded, spirited atmosphere of Oak Ridge.

Oak Ridge High School 0

Posted December 17, 2009
Their are a few issues with air conditioning and a one or two leaks in the ceiling but overall it's the best school in conroe (Socially). The students are great and the teachers are even better.

Oak Ridge High School 5

Posted October 28, 2009
Great teachers and programs that reflect what our young adults need in today's enviroment.

Oak Ridge High School
27330 Oak Ridge School Road, Conroe, TX  77385
Last modified Oak Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Ridge High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top