Conroe, TX
Students enrolled: 2,695

College Park High School 1

Posted January 23, 2015
I moved to The Woodlands, TX from out of state the summer going into my junior year. I found it very hard to meet people and make friends because they don't allow much time to do so. Walking around the school feels almost like you are living in the book "1984" big brother (aka all of the assistant principles) constantly watching over very move and every thing you do. They watch to video cameras constantly. One time, i went into the restroom, and was in the for quite a bit before going to class. Later that day, I received a note from the AP's office. They had been watching the cameras and almost gave me a detention for using the restroom for too long. Something that a lot of people consider to be a plus about college park is the teacher's focus on student success. They also have tutorials available before, during, and after school for kids who are struggling in their classes. My overall experience with this school has been quite unsatisfactory.If you are looking for a school the area, try The Woodlands High School.

Posted November 16, 2011
I just transferred a couple of months ago, and I already love this school. I am in my sophmore year and I already met a lot of very special people. The education is great. Although a lot of teachers are coaches, they still do their job very fine. I am very thankfull that I found this school and very proud to be a cavalier. Go Cavs!

College Park High School 4

Posted August 19, 2010
My daughter has attended there since sophomore year and is a senior now. They have good opportunities there in many areas. She took advantage of the Cosmetology program and will have her license by the time she graduates school. She loves the program. We moved here from another state so she naturally likes her old school better. She has made good friends, but just like others schools too you have to watch out for the bad mix of students. Overall it's a good school with great opportunities.

Posted September 16, 2009
College Park offers so many diverse and interesting courses. It's teachers a dedicated and they keep the kids motivated.

College Park High School 2

Posted July 10, 2009
I Just moved to the woodlands, texas and i attended college park my sophmore year. And to be honest, i hated this school. I got straight As, the education is easy. But it was very hard to make friends, easy to get mixed up in the wrong crowds. There were some girls that made fun of me too, just didnt like the people here. I'm glad to be transferring, I'd suggest a different school.

Posted June 07, 2009
I am a sophomore at College Park, and I have attended alot of schools in different states and districts, but College Park by far is the best school I have ever attended. The teachers are amazing, they push each student and give them every chance and every opportunity to excel in their classroom. Yes, there are quite a number of coaches, but they do their job just fine. The school expects alot from each student, there is no slacking. But all in all, I would never go to another school under any circumstance. College Park gives students every preparation for College and I am proud to be a Cavalier.

Posted March 17, 2009
My daughter is a Junior at College Park and I cannot imagine ever sending her somewhere else. She has excelled under the teachers and programs here and is going to be ready for college. What more can you ask from a school. A great campus as well.

Posted February 04, 2009
CPHS is a great school, I'm so thankful they built it, rather than continuing to over-crowd the other Woodlands high school. It's a beautiful campus, there are so many opportunities for kids to be involved and the faculty are top-notch! We have had some coach teachers that did not do a good job of teaching (spanish), but my oldest is doing fantastic in college due to the preparation from the majority of TWCP teachers. Many of the teachers are tough, but they care about the kids and want them to succeed.

Posted November 01, 2008
While the variety of classes was very good, too many of the teachers and teaching methods were a disappointment. For a struggling student, I found help was hard to come by. My child found the most of the kids too superficial as well. She felt more warehoused than a part of things. We moved to a smaller school when she was a sophomore, and she was happier. Even though the school she ended up in is usually rated lower than College Park, she learned more and is doing fine in college.

Posted April 02, 2008
I am a student at TWCP, and I have to say..it is one of the best high schools i have been too, unfortunatley the teachers and the teaching methods do need improvement. There are way too many coaches here at this school, and mostly the way they teach is giving notes, then a quiz, then a test. There is not really much teaching involved.

3701 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX  77384
Last modified College Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
College Park High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top