Converse Elementary School 4

Posted February 09, 2013
In the past three years my son has had great teachers as well as received any extra help he needed. When issues arose the Principal was quick to deal with issues. The front office workers can have bad attitudes which is the only drawback. Overall I will be sad to move from here.

Converse Elementary School 5

Posted October 22, 2011
Converse Elementary is a great school. I have never been to an elementary campus that offers so much to their students. The motivational factors are strong. My children are successful because of these programs. Coach O'Bryant has been my kids p.e. teacher for several years. She is a wonderful teacher and coach and the students are drawn to her. They love her and so do the parents. At my home my kids always are telling me Coach O'Bryant did this or said this. Not a day goes by that her name is not mentioned. Why? She gives of her time and offers speed stacking, pedometer walking, jump roping, basketball, volleyball, track , marathon, Helping Hands (program for cancer patients), Yellow Ribbon Gang (program for our soldiers). Her motto is "Family comes First". She ocassionally offers family nights in the gym too. Converse is unique because of these programs. I love Converse!

Converse Elementary School 3

Posted July 13, 2011
Last year we had a good teacher I hope this year would be the same,the office needed mores up grades,the secretary out not good mores friendlys people please

Converse Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2011
Poor teacher involvement. Poor leadership. I pulled my child out of this school because she was not getting what she needed to succeed. She is an A honor roll student now and was prior to her enrollment at Converse Elementary. She loves school and her grades fell the short time she was there. The teacher would not return calls or emails. I got fed up after I couldn't even get the principle to return my calls. She immediately startedmaking straight A's at her new school and the work was more difficult then at Converse.

Converse Elementary School 4

Posted March 09, 2010
I have 3 of my children go through Converse Elementary school. I love the school! I am sad to see Mr. Haynes, princ., go but I know he will be at the school that 2 of my children will be attending. There have been many teachers that have gone the extra mile in my children's lives but one that stands oput the most. Her name is Caoch Terri O'bryant. She has used extracurricular activities and p.e. to steer my kids in the right direction of studying and being well behaved. She has devoted endless hours to make that happen and the impact on my kids is tremondous. I have one that is on the A honor roll and is on volleyball, basketball and track, and I have another going into high school that did the same. The one now leaving Converse, is following pursuit. Thanks Coach. U R the greatest!

Converse Elementary School 0

Posted February 17, 2010
As a parent, I have mixed feelings about Converse. My child has been there for a while and I feel that all of is teachers are very concerned about his education. He has had wonderful teachers and I don't see any teacher that I wouldn't want him to have. On the flip side, the administration is not god at all. Mr. Haynes is always out of the office and nobody seems to know where he is or when he'll return. Even when I've left messages and emails, he doesn't respond. And forget Mrs. Jose. She's too busy gosiping about students with the secretary Yolie to speak to parents. Even when I have been given the slightest time with her, I have had to ask the secretary to leave.

Converse Elementary School 5

Posted May 05, 2009
We are new in TX and now we realize how good TX education is after we put our child in this school Converse Elementary, from the Principal, Teachers, administrator, employees and especially the eduaction system, responsible and discipline and how to think ahead that they put on the students is very good. As parents, we are very satified and feel secure to put our kids here. Thank you to all Converse Elementary...

Converse Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2009

Converse Elementary School 2

Posted January 19, 2009
This week is the inauguration of Barak Obama. I find it very interesting that Mr. Haynes is going to shut the school down and have all the kids watch it. That s all well and good, but did he do that for the Clinton or Bush inaugurations? Hmmm I have also noticed over the past few years that Mr. Haynes never mentions the Presidents of the United States on President s Day. Yet for Black History Month our kids are preached to and given black history lessons every day for a month. This is not just what I think, believe me, I have asked kids and teachers and they all confirmed it. Mr. Haynes, are you going to mention Presidents Day each year now that Barak is in? An observer.

Converse Elementary School 2

Posted January 16, 2009
I have 2 children that attend Converse Elementary, and I have to tell you, this is the worst school that any child can go to. The faculty and Staff are really rude, and they reall don't care about the students. They only care about the TAKS test, and since this is Title1 school, they care about the money they earn when the kids are there. Mr Haynes and his assistant are really rude and they never seem to be available for a conference, no matter what time of day you call to schedule one. My daughter use to have all 'A's until she came to Converse.. Now she is barely passing and then her teacher says that she needs to be tested for ADHD. How dare a teacher tell me what my child needs. Someone really needs to reevaluate the credibility of the teachers and staff at this school.

Converse Elementary School
6720 Fm 1516 North, Converse, TX  78109
Last modified Converse Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Converse Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top