Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Hi, I'm a current student at Judson. Don't bring your kid here. Someone once told me "Judson is for socializing, not learning", and they couldn't be more right. From what I've witnessed, the teachers are verbally abused daily by the students. I've never met such disrespectful children. The students never do their work, and in return, the teachers stop trying. This makes it very difficult for the very, very few students that actually enjoy learning. If you want help, don't go to the front office. They never know what's going on in the school. I've tried to receive help from them multiple times (regarding events going on in the school) and they didn't know what was going on. I thought it was very unprofessional. Students here constantly interrupt the kids, the teachers don't teach, etc. I know, you'd expect laziness from high schoolers, but these are next-level idiots. Like, my teacher whispered to me "I give up". Do you know how depressing that is? She was so excited at the beginning of the year, but now she can't wait to leave. I pray for all the teachers at Judson (who actually try) a strong mind so they may get through the rest of this year, and next year, peacefully.

Judson is a great school. When you look at its history in academics and athletics, it is a great school. Judson is back on the rise in academics. It used to be the worst school in the San Antonio area. It is starting to clean up. Judson offers a lot. They want to get you where YOU want to be. They have a lot classes to take to start your career. With over 3700 students, it is really not that bad. Judson used to be ranked 90/100 in the San Antonio area in the last 2 years. We are now at 71/100 in the San Antonio area. Teachers really care at Judson, daily homework and assignments are boosting Judson academically. Judson also hast great facilities. The best in the area. Judson is also very good in Athletics. Most people know for Judson for its Historic Football Program and recently, their Basketball program in both Boys and Girls. I would recommend your child to come here. It is a great school.

Great school!offering a lot of classes! Love the teacher. stay in this school district for my other children.

Barley get any homework or projects and the teacher done not all do not get back to you when you email them your questions and concerns.

Judson was the basis for my thriving career in the information technology field. They had numerous technology related courses teaching Microsoft, Cisco, programming, and more. Judson has many courses for students interested in a wide range of careers and it adequately prepared me for my college education. My only complaint is that it is easy to fall in with the "wrong crowd," but i'm sure this can be said of many schools.

I currently go to Judson High School and personally I love it. I have had not major problems, a few things go wrong, but when in life is everything perfect? I think Judson prepares you for life and exposes you to diversity. I have good friends and am in honor classes, so I would like to think that i am on the right track. I would say that if you are the type of person that looks for trouble, you could find it at Judson. I am happy there and I couldnt imagine being anywhere else. I would recommend it. The best type of comment that could be on here is one form a student going there currently, so here mine is! GO Judson Rockets and Go Judson Rocket Band!

This is the first year at Judson H.S, and I have been so disappointed on so many levels with this school and the Converse area in general. My son did not have an english teacher for three weeks. Can you imagine what he missed in that time frame? None of the children have books. They use a smart board and the teachers print pages from the books so the kids can cram it in their backpacks. When I was at the school the other day it looked as if half of the student population were carrying trash cans on their backs. They are children for crying out loud!!! I just cannot stress enough how disappointed I am in Judson. The school is already full to capitacy and it was just rebuilt this year. Also they are discontinuing the AVID program, which helps the student prepare for college academically, find scholorships, and choose a college, etc. that they would like to go to but because the funds aren't available this course will be discontinued. Of all classes to cut this program should not be one of them. And last but not least, the teachers are overworked and underpaid for the service that they give to our children. Unfortunately, I do not see things getting any better at Judson.

As a Judson High graduate I feel that there were some things that could have been done better. For example preparing student athletes for college. I do not feel as though the counselors gave us all the necessary resources to get admitted into college for instance taking the ACT or SAT tests, helping the lower income students with financial aid options, or even educating the parents on the admission procedures. Other than that the four years spent there were wonderful, I do feel I received a great education and the teachers and staff were definitely supportive.

Okay all these people don't seeem to get it. Saying all Judson cares about is their athletics. Lets think about it, not only do all the athletics do an amazing job during their season they also do great at school. Most the football players of my graduating class were in AP and IB classes. Then the band, choir, theatre arts all of the extra curricular activites do just as great. Overall the school has a different kind of atmosphere than most. Judson has so much Rocket Pride running through it. Amen to the teachers, every teacher I had was amazing pushing me and pushing me to do better and better. Also to whoever said wagner was a better school overall, you're WRONG! Wagner is one of the lowest educated schools I've seen. Straight from their students behavior you can tell they are an immature set of students. All bout rocket pride!

It has an environment that protects bullies. Better rules need to be enforced to remove those children who have a problem with bullying other children.

Last modified Judson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.