Converse, TX

Posted February 27, 2015
I have mixed feelings on this school. I do love my sons kimdergarten teacher, but Im not so sure I like the way the school functions. First off, the schools environment for the students look so stressful! I have seen and heard a lot of teachers yelling loudly at students on a daily bases. The teachers all seem stressed out as if they dont like the job that they went to school for. I have had issues with my son due to another "older" student bullying him. The school is set up where older kids are on one side and younger in the other. I have seen many older kids walking the halls and using the younger kids bathroom even though I was informed they aren't allowed there. I have talked with other parents and they agree about the environment and lack of supervision. My son will most likely not be attending that school next year.

Elolf Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2013
This is my sons second year at Elorf. He really enjoys attending and I enjoy interacting with the staff. The curriculum is good and the student teacher ratio is good as well.

Posted June 02, 2010
My son only went there for pre-school, because we had to move to a new location, but I truly loved the school. The pre-school program is awesome. My son, who was so very shy and went through allot when his daddy was deployed, they helped him to overcome it all and taught him so much. He is a whole other kid and I thank the teachers and the school, not to mention, whenever I had questions or had to go to the office for anything, every one was so welcoming and friendly. It was a great experience. We were sad he could not continue there.

Posted August 30, 2009
My son has been attending Elolf for 4 years & my daughter started this year. I love the teachers my children have had and the rest of the staff has been very helpful. The education my son has received is very good & helped him grow into a good student. There are behavioral issues at all schools & Elolf deals with their share well. I have never had any concern about the well being of my children while they were there. There is also lots of opportunity for parental involvement & volunteering. Taking the volunteer class anually is a pain, but it's over in less than 30 minutes & it's purpose is to keep our children safe. Overall, I have been very pleased with this school.

Elolf Elementary School

Posted August 01, 2009
I have three children attending this school ages 6, 8, and 10. I have had no complaints for the past year they have attended and I will be getting more involved this year through various activities. I hope to meet more parents as I get involved with these school activities with my children.

Posted April 02, 2009
I think that the school offers alot of ways for parents to be involved in the school. The only thing is that you have to first complete a parent volunteer class before you can attend any school functions or even go to your childs classroom. Basically what the parent class is for, is a criminal background check. The school says that people need to know who is around their children. Which makes good sense its just a headache trying to find time to attend the class with the work schedule and all. So in the meantime, you miss out until you get time to go to the classes. Other than that, in response to another parents comment, I think the children walking to and from school are very respectful, and you'll also find that alot of parents walk with their children.

Posted November 06, 2008
I have a bad experience in Elolf School...No communication,,,,, mistakes,,,,,,;(

Posted April 12, 2008
Very impersonal. Parent involvement is not encouraged. when the last bell for the day rings many of the students are out of control...they walk in the middle of the road and won't move for car and they will even stop walking and look at you as if to dare you, they fight, etc.. there were many calls to the school about this situation for plenty of parents and nothing was done about it. The situation actually got worse. Thankfully we moved.

Posted February 10, 2008

Elolf Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2007
I think the staff does not pay attention to security on that school. fight problems at the time for kids to go home. Just one teacher watching. Even, when I told the principal nothing was done to fix the situation. No recess time for the kids or field trips That's an essential part of cultural education. They are kids, not college students. Mrs. Arnelle very professional but I don't think she enforce the rules of discipline 100%.

Elolf Elementary School
6335 Beech Trail Drive, Converse, TX  78109
Last modified Elolf Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elolf Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top