Posted May 25, 2014
Great school for education and structure. Teachers are wonderful, they work closely with parents to keep us informed. As far as safety, not so great when it comes to dropping your children off in the morning. If you have young ones you have to be careful in the parking lot due to other parents cutting across parking lot, driving the wrong way down a one way, speeding and texting or talking on the phone. I think some of the parents need to go back to school and learn about being courteous and following the rules and laws. Lead by example!

Posted March 19, 2013
Our children have attended school here for the past 3 years. While we may not have agreed with all the teaching methods employed by different teachers, we have been happy overall. Each teacher has been responsive, cooperative and a willing team player in helping each of our children succeed. We've done our part by staying in contact, participating in the learning process and making sure we were reinforcing what our children were learning at school. We transferred from a different private school and our children were WAY behind in academic skills. With help from the teachers and hard work from our children, they have not only met but exceeded the high standards in place at St Monica's. We've been happy with our experience and as long as our children are happy here and continue to show positive progress, we will work to keep them here as long as we are able.

Posted July 13, 2011
I am a fresh off the plate graduate and I'm going to be honest. I've had my ups and downs, but DEFINITELY more ups than downs. The teachers really do care about us and try to help us in every way possible. Not to mention that we - the students - all call each other family. I cried like a newborn baby at my graduation and I will never forget the people at Saint Monica's. Take my advice, a STUDENT knows how their school is better than a (grumpy) parent.

Posted March 22, 2011
I have had children at St. Monicas for many years, starting in Pre School. I have had nothing but a great experience there. The teachers and staff are all caring and involved people. I have not heard of any experiences such as the last parent. If there were others at carpool then her chlld was Not attended. If the other teachers were regulars at capool, they probably recognized her, and the director does have other children to oversee. If it happened as she says than it was something out of the ordinary because I have never heard anyone complaine about such things before. My children have had wonderful experiences at this school. All their teachers have great, taking time to make sure that they are really learning. They do not want to leave and I would not take them any place else.

St. Monica Catholic School 1

Posted February 10, 2011
After a few months of my 3yr old son attending St. Monicas I had to pull him out due to negligience from his teacher and an unkept promise from the Director. My son was left unattended outside during carpool pick up time for 8-11am students. His teacher left early for lunch and "assumed" the other teachers knew he was left, BUT THEY HAD NO CLUE HE WAS THERE. When I drove up to pick him up he was standing by the door by himself while the other teachers looked at me puzzled, since they had not clue where my child was. They then loaded him in my van without even asking for my ID. This is scary due to he could have been loaded into a wrong vehicle, walked off the campus,or a stranger could have grabbed him. I lost trust and faith in this school! After speaking with the Director, she apologized and commited herself to being outside during carpool time to ensure this NEVER happened again. I gave the school one more chance...took my son back...and when I went to go pick him up the Director was nowhere to be found. I know the teachers/staff are human....BUT some mistakes cannot be corrected, especially when it comes to our children.

St. Monica Catholic School 5

Posted June 01, 2010
I have multiple children who have attended St. Monica for many years. I can honestly say that the last 3 years under Mrs. Woods' care and guidance as the Principal have been the best, and she continues to improve the school daily. Her leadership has restored St. Monica's reputation within the Archdiocese and our wonderful school is finally receiving the positive recognition that it is so deserved of, as evidenced by our selection this Spring by the Herald Newspaper readers as the "Best Church School in the Metrocom Area". Teachers and staff members at the school are very involved and show their care and concern for our children on a daily basis. The challenging curriculum at all levels, even as early as Pre-School, places our students ahead of their public school peers in most areas and prepares our children well for their eventual transition away from St. Monica's. Great school!

Posted May 05, 2010
I have three children in three seperate schools. Enrolling one of my children at Saint Monica's from 2009 to 2010 was a mistake I will regret for a long time. While my other two children enjoyed the school year completely at their schools, the child I sent to Saint Monica's was miserable in every way. I tried repeatedly to meet with her teachers, but they ignored my requests, and were very rude, both in writing and telephonically. The Principal would not take my calls. The Vice Principal referred me to the teachers, but the teachers would not meet with me. I had two children at Saint Monica's from 2000 to 2003 and it was a wonderful experience. I expected the same this year, but the school has clearly degraded significantly over the last 7 years. We're counting the days until the school year is over.

Posted April 27, 2010
My children have attended St. Monica Catholic School for over 8 years now. It is a WONDERFUL school. Is the school and teachers perfect? No, they are human and make mistakes just like everyone else. But I can tell you that the staff and teachers REALLY care the children. In response to the 'horrible experience' - Parents sometimes think that their child is perfect and expect their child to be treated perfect. Kids/students are not perfect and problems do happen. The sad thing is that parents act like their child could never do something wrong. I can not believe that the school is THAT bad.... In response to the review that says 'ashamed to identify themselves as a Catholic organization.' Maybe you should be ashamed for your posting and the negativity. Nothing good comes from such hatred.

Posted March 29, 2010
St. Monica is a WONDERFUL school!! The Hearld Newpaper readers have just voted St. Monica THE BEST CHURCH SCHOOL IN THE GREATER RANDOLPH AREA!! This confirms that the current Administration is doing a GREAT JOB. I am very proud that my children attend this school.

St. Monica Catholic School 5

Posted August 13, 2009
I give this school Five stars... My child has imporved dramatically. The Teachers are always willing to update me on my childs behavior and his performance. My child loves the school.

St. Monica Catholic School
Po Box 429, Converse, TX  78109
Last modified St. Monica Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Monica Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top