Bad
Good

I am a parent of 2 kids attending this school. Overall I have had a good impression with the curriculum, homework, staff qualifications and experience, discipline, curriculum nights, staff is approachable and responsive, they have field trips the kids really look forward to, picture days, movie nights with parents etc. There is an indoor court for P.E. They need to have work done on the building, parking and playground and perhaps arrange funds for this because it is beginning to look shabby. How do they retain their staff longer or interest more qualified and experienced staff?

My daughter enjoyed her first year at Vista and we were pleased with the curriculum, but the school lacks diversity. Majority of the students are Indian and they are shown favortism, because of the donations the school receives from their parents. Majority of the teachers are white and a complaint has been sent to the Texas Education Agency regarding this matter. My daughter came home and I asked her about Cinco de Mayo, and she stated that they did not celebrate that in school. I was appauled because and Indian holiday was celebrated last year. This is not fair to the Hispanic sudents. We will not bring our daughter back to this school. If you want to attend a diverse school, then this is not the school for you.

Ms. Gillis is undoubtedly the best teacher by far for 2nd grade teaching the kids to enjoy learning, be civil and also sensitive. This is a school that only care for the kids, if you are looking for a fancy place find it down the block but not us, however they are all into your kids and keeping it real.

***Best School EVER*** The staff, the Singapore Math curriculum and the building itself is A+++ ***GREAT***

Glad we found this school, just when my son was not being challenged enough. He was promoted to the next grade (3rd to 4th) which was perhaps the right level for the October born who just missed the grade by a month in the public school. Hand written home work, and personalized teaching the old way are the hallmarks of the school where everyone takes genuine interest in the children - I don't personally think, with all the screen time that the kids do at home these days anyway, that it is a good idea also to give them iPads at school full time for all homework.

We have been here since last year, last year was a bit of adjustment however we have really seen great results , we love the small class and teacher interaction. Teachers really are so dedicated, in KG and 1st grade focus is on social and disciplinary skills. Reading and writing are key here, homework is a page a day in these grades, all 3 KG teachers are great. 1st grade has Mrs Z, superteacher and we are so HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPyyy. Small school feel everyone knows everyone. PTO has done an excellent job this year.

This is a great place for my son. He is a 2 grader and has Ms. Gillis for his teacher I cant say enough about her, she is truly special and has a heart for the students. Mr. Sisk is a great guy who love the students and deal with situations very well. The two ladies at the front office make me smile everytime I see them. THANK YOU VISTA

I am very pleased with this school. I love the teacher/student relationship. The teachers seem to want to know each students name, and my children know all of the teachers names. I love the small classes. This is their first year here, and they are doing so well. Last year when my oldest was in public schools, I complained about the school not giving any homework to the kids. The teacher said that they do so much in school that they don't want to overwhelm them with homework. Well, the grades suffered because of this. I was not able to reinforce what was being taught in school, and my child was not able to remember everything that was taught. At Vista, they are given a ton of homework. At first I was concerned that the homework was too much, and not for the kids, but for the adults. It was so much, and I wasn't sure if the assignments would be understood by my child. Also, I am taking classes too, getting tons of homework, so it was quite an adjustment. However, my child is doing phenomenal, and has a better understanding of what is taught in class, because it is reinforced at home! Love it!

Great teachers but way too much homework. They give homework over the holidays. You will also need to be able to deal with over 75% of the ethnicity being Indian. Indian's talk to much and are very rude. Just forget about parent teacher nights because they talk so much that you can't hear anything that is being said.

Amazing staff! Director Mr. Sisk is so involved! Amazing special Ed teacher!! Moving my son to Vista Coppell was the best decision we could have made for his education! Thank you Vista!

Last modified Coppell Classical Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.