Public charter
Coppell, TX

Coppell Classical Academy 2

Posted May 15, 2015
My daughter enjoyed her first year at Vista and we were pleased with the curriculum, but the school lacks diversity. Majority of the students are Indian and they are shown favortism, because of the donations the school receives from their parents. Majority of the teachers are white and a complaint has been sent to the Texas Education Agency regarding this matter. My daughter came home and I asked her about Cinco de Mayo, and she stated that they did not celebrate that in school. I was appauled because and Indian holiday was celebrated last year. This is not fair to the Hispanic sudents. We will not bring our daughter back to this school. If you want to attend a diverse school, then this is not the school for you.

Posted April 21, 2015
Ms. Gillis is undoubtedly the best teacher by far for 2nd grade teaching the kids to enjoy learning, be civil and also sensitive. This is a school that only care for the kids, if you are looking for a fancy place find it down the block but not us, however they are all into your kids and keeping it real.

Posted January 11, 2015
***Best School EVER*** The staff, the Singapore Math curriculum and the building itself is A+++ ***GREAT***

Posted September 22, 2014
Glad we found this school, just when my son was not being challenged enough. He was promoted to the next grade (3rd to 4th) which was perhaps the right level for the October born who just missed the grade by a month in the public school. Hand written home work, and personalized teaching the old way are the hallmarks of the school where everyone takes genuine interest in the children - I don't personally think, with all the screen time that the kids do at home these days anyway, that it is a good idea also to give them iPads at school full time for all homework.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 24, 2014
We have been here since last year, last year was a bit of adjustment however we have really seen great results , we love the small class and teacher interaction. Teachers really are so dedicated, in KG and 1st grade focus is on social and disciplinary skills. Reading and writing are key here, homework is a page a day in these grades, all 3 KG teachers are great. 1st grade has Mrs Z, superteacher and we are so HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPyyy. Small school feel everyone knows everyone. PTO has done an excellent job this year.

Posted March 18, 2014
This is a great place for my son. He is a 2 grader and has Ms. Gillis for his teacher I cant say enough about her, she is truly special and has a heart for the students. Mr. Sisk is a great guy who love the students and deal with situations very well. The two ladies at the front office make me smile everytime I see them. THANK YOU VISTA

Posted January 18, 2014
I am very pleased with this school. I love the teacher/student relationship. The teachers seem to want to know each students name, and my children know all of the teachers names. I love the small classes. This is their first year here, and they are doing so well. Last year when my oldest was in public schools, I complained about the school not giving any homework to the kids. The teacher said that they do so much in school that they don't want to overwhelm them with homework. Well, the grades suffered because of this. I was not able to reinforce what was being taught in school, and my child was not able to remember everything that was taught. At Vista, they are given a ton of homework. At first I was concerned that the homework was too much, and not for the kids, but for the adults. It was so much, and I wasn't sure if the assignments would be understood by my child. Also, I am taking classes too, getting tons of homework, so it was quite an adjustment. However, my child is doing phenomenal, and has a better understanding of what is taught in class, because it is reinforced at home! Love it!
3 people found this helpful

Coppell Classical Academy 3

Posted January 10, 2014
Great teachers but way too much homework. They give homework over the holidays. You will also need to be able to deal with over 75% of the ethnicity being Indian. Indian's talk to much and are very rude. Just forget about parent teacher nights because they talk so much that you can't hear anything that is being said.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 20, 2013
Amazing staff! Director Mr. Sisk is so involved! Amazing special Ed teacher!! Moving my son to Vista Coppell was the best decision we could have made for his education! Thank you Vista!

Posted June 04, 2013
This was the first year for my boys...6th & 7th graders. In all honesty, my 7th grader...sending him to Quest Coppell was the BEST decision I ever made. This was the first year of school that my son actually had passing grades and in those grades were both Bs & Cs and not failing like in the 40s & 50s like when he went to public school in Carrollton. As for my 6th grader, Quest helped him excell further beyond his known ability...he's in honors and is my honor student. I am very pleased with the Staff...the teachers are incredible and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Quest to all students especially to those parents who have "challenged" kids and want to keep them on the straight & narrow....this is the turn around for you and your peace of mind. You will NEVER REGRET SENDING YOUR CHILD TO A QUEST charter school. You'll only wish you'd done it sooner. :D

Coppell Classical Academy
140 S. Heartz Rd. , Coppell, TX  75019
Last modified Coppell Classical Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coppell Classical Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top