Vista Academy of Coppell

Charter | K-5 | 205 students

Sweep tile

Posted March 24, 2014

We have been here since last year, last year was a bit of adjustment however we have really seen great results , we love the small class and teacher interaction. Teachers really are so dedicated, in KG and 1st grade focus is on social and disciplinary skills. Reading and writing are key here, homework is a page a day in these grades, all 3 KG teachers are great. 1st grade has Mrs Z, superteacher and we are so HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPyyy. Small school feel everyone knows everyone. PTO has done an excellent job this year.

Posted March 18, 2014

This is a great place for my son. He is a 2 grader and has Ms. Gillis for his teacher I cant say enough about her, she is truly special and has a heart for the students. Mr. Sisk is a great guy who love the students and deal with situations very well. The two ladies at the front office make me smile everytime I see them. THANK YOU VISTA

Posted January 18, 2014

I am very pleased with this school. I love the teacher/student relationship. The teachers seem to want to know each students name, and my children know all of the teachers names. I love the small classes. This is their first year here, and they are doing so well. Last year when my oldest was in public schools, I complained about the school not giving any homework to the kids. The teacher said that they do so much in school that they don't want to overwhelm them with homework. Well, the grades suffered because of this. I was not able to reinforce what was being taught in school, and my child was not able to remember everything that was taught. At Vista, they are given a ton of homework. At first I was concerned that the homework was too much, and not for the kids, but for the adults. It was so much, and I wasn't sure if the assignments would be understood by my child. Also, I am taking classes too, getting tons of homework, so it was quite an adjustment. However, my child is doing phenomenal, and has a better understanding of what is taught in class, because it is reinforced at home! Love it!

Posted January 10, 2014

Great teachers but way too much homework. They give homework over the holidays. You will also need to be able to deal with over 75% of the ethnicity being Indian. Indian's talk to much and are very rude. Just forget about parent teacher nights because they talk so much that you can't hear anything that is being said.

Posted December 20, 2013

Amazing staff! Director Mr. Sisk is so involved! Amazing special Ed teacher!! Moving my son to Vista Coppell was the best decision we could have made for his education! Thank you Vista!

Posted June 4, 2013

This was the first year for my boys...6th & 7th graders. In all honesty, my 7th grader...sending him to Quest Coppell was the BEST decision I ever made. This was the first year of school that my son actually had passing grades and in those grades were both Bs & Cs and not failing like in the 40s & 50s like when he went to public school in Carrollton. As for my 6th grader, Quest helped him excell further beyond his known ability...he's in honors and is my honor student. I am very pleased with the Staff...the teachers are incredible and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Quest to all students especially to those parents who have "challenged" kids and want to keep them on the straight & narrow....this is the turn around for you and your peace of mind. You will NEVER REGRET SENDING YOUR CHILD TO A QUEST charter school. You'll only wish you'd done it sooner. :D

Posted June 4, 2013

Vista Academy of Coppell is amazing. I love them, they have been so good to my son and patient in teaching him. Mr. Sisk and Mrs. Hammock are amazing people and teachers. I would and DO recommend this school to anybody and I I reccomend them personally to all of my residents and friends. The student teacher ratio is so great and the kids get so much one on one attention! I will miss them as my son enters into Quest Middle School next year!!! They make Universal Academy of Coppell pale in comparrison!

Posted May 16, 2013

After trying 2 others school, one Charter & one regular public school in the Lewisville District, we found Vista! The principal is very professional and he 100% supports the teachers and staff. The teachers my daughter has had are great! We have not experienced all the teachers yet, but the ones we've come across are awesome! The school itself is smaller and older than most public schools but the teachers and their criteria make up for it. What she is learning on her homework is something I would normaly find in a Montessori type setting where the challenges are raised again and again and yet the children seem to respond. The music and Arts director is the best! The teachers go above and beyond for my daughter and know what she needs to stay challenged. My son will be attending in 2 years!

Posted February 3, 2013

Excellent Campus in Edinburg! I debated for 6 months when I heard Vista was coming to Edinburg.. and I made the final decision to place my child there and it was the absolute BEST choice I have ever made. Smaller class sizes, down to earth students and teacher. My little girl has NEVER been happier! Thank you teachers, administration and staff at Vista of Edinburg!

Posted February 1, 2013

I have 2 children that were coming out of Private Christian School. I tried public school in Coppell and made it exactly 7 weeks. We were miserable there and they do not give letter grades. I began looking and found Vista. My son not only fit right in but comes home happy every single day. He does not mind the homework and has made great friends. I just moved my Daughter there after seeing how wonderful the school really is...I really never thought we could all be so happy!!!

Posted May 24, 2012

Vista is a charter school, which esentially means they are funded by the state, same as a public school. Yes, they have smaller class sizes compared to public schools however there are many children placed in this school that are disrputive and were unable to function in a public school setting. These disruptive children affect the other children's ability to learn. Many parents act as if this is a private school by bringing their children fast food lunches daily due to no cafeteria. This is a glorified public school in a church. there is favortism given to certain parents and children due to "donations" being made. They seem to focus on filing seats rather than individual needs and there is a high teacher turn over with allot of inexperienced teachers.

Posted May 9, 2011

Dedicated staff, small class sizes and an organized environment to execute a great education! Our two kids have attended this campus the last two years and although all schools have areas of improvement, this campus sets the bar for making a point to KNOW each child. A detail which is important to ensure every child has the opportunity to not only succeed, but to be challenged and EXCEL! Far better tact than an alternate charter we recently left, just a few blocks away. We take great pride in being heavily involved in our kid s education...and YES, we love homework! But a healthy balance is important for young kids who need their sleep too. We feel our children receive a well rounded education....encouraging eager and inquisitive minds .Kids who love to learn.

Posted April 22, 2011

This is a great school for kids to be in ..For the kids it is more like their second home..that is how comfortable they feel in there. the Teaching staff are wonderful and they know their job very well. My kids are going to this school and I know that i could not have chosen better for them. The principal Mr Sisk is one person u can trust ur children with for their all round development. Great job Vista...

Posted December 8, 2010

I love this school. My kids have had no problems at all. The teachers like thier job. This is not the case at every school my kids have been. Thank you VISTA

Posted April 28, 2010

Great School. I love knowing that my kids are getting a great education at a school . Vista Coppell is the best

Posted September 29, 2009

This is our first year at Vista Academy (now called of Coppell). So far, we are very satisfied and happy with the school.

Posted March 31, 2009

Small class size. Great teachers. Good behavior rewards. Great test scores. I love this school for my daughter. Thanks Vista for coming to Carrollton

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

13 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

13 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

17 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

17 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

18 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students85%

Proficient in English80%
Non-migrant81%

Black or African American100%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

37 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

37 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

36 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

Male88%

Proficient in English91%
Non-migrant91%
Non-Gifted91%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian 20% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

140 S. Heartz Rd.